Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zohara Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2013, 12:04 AM
    the mathematical equations used for dance
    Hello

I am the co-director of an independent high school. We encourage our students to follow their passions.

My student, who is a 13.5 year old, is exploring the mathematical side in the physics of movement, specifically in dance and ice-skating and possibly martial arts.

This is the essential question she would like to look into:
    What mathematical equations can I use to find positioning of the body that will improve ease / proficiency of movement?

She was hoping to look into this question through three types of movements:
    1. Figure skating - if you are doing a spin on ice and you leave your arms spread out it creates resistance, if you pull the in towards the body you create less resistance so you spin more easily. How do I express this with mathematical equation in physics?

The other two areas she might want to explore other equations will relate to martial arts and dance. But if you can help her with the ice skating question that will be wonderful.

Her final exhibition (we use these instead of tests) is on 3/7 so she needs to hurry with her plans.

Many thanks,
    Zohara

Check out some similar questions!

African Dance & Dance Therapy... is over 40 too old to learn and teach? [ 0 Answers ]

Peace! I'm 41 and in great physical health. I used to dance regularly, but after having children (three... two teenager and a toddler) I stopped for over ten years. After taking classes here locally, I was asked to teach because of my skills. I'm also into to energy healing and want to...

What dance dance revolutiondo I buy for PS2. [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: there are so many different dance dance revolutions for ps2 that I don't now what one to buy?I want to know witch one is the best.

Mathematical Physics Equations from EqWorld [ 1 Answers ]

* Mathematical Physics Equations: Index - http://eqworld.ipmnet.ru/en/solutions/eqindex/eqindex-mphe.htm * Linear Mathematical Physics Equations: Exact Solutions - http://eqworld.ipmnet.ru/en/solutions/lpde.htm * Nonlinear Mathematical Physics Equations: Exact Solutions -...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.