Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deep_80 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2013, 05:19 PM
    Fbar filing for money transferred to parents account in india?
    Hi,

I am on H1(resident alien for tax purpose) visa status and would like to know if I need to file FBAR for the money (after tax from salary) I transferred to my parents account in India (not joint account with me) for family maintenance?

Thanks for your time.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 9, 2013, 01:07 PM
    If you transferred the money from the U.S. to YOUR account in India, AND, if at any time, the balance of that account reached $10,000, then, yes, an FBAR is required.

The Form is TD-F 90-22.1, which can be downloaded from Internal Revenue Service. Read the instructions carefully, but if you have only that ONE account, it should only be a one-page submission.

The address is contained in the instructions, and the form must be IN THE IRS' POSSESSION by 30 June 2013.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

FBAR filing queries [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a few questions regarding FBAR form: 1. I have to enter information about shares. What should be the "Maximum value of account during calendar year reported" be for shares? Do I need to find out the highest price of the shares in 2011 and then calculate the net value or can I use...

$70000 is tax able if wire to us account from india property sold money [ 2 Answers ]

The money is coming from house sold in india

Foreign money transferred to an US account [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,If I were to receive 50,000.00 US dollars as gift from abroad a) do I need to declare the money in my US tax returns? b) will there be tax implications? I am an US citizen (naturalization). My father, who is not an US citizen, nor an US resident, and lives in Bulgaria, wants to help me and my...

Transfer owned money from India to USA in owned Bank Account [ 2 Answers ]

I'm NRI and staying in USA.I wish to file my Green Card as my H1 Visa is to be expired shortly.I wish to have our funds(My and of my wife,who is on H4 Visa)from India ,which is with Indian Banks of which tax has been paid as per Indian Incometax rules.How should the Funds to be transferred legally...

Repaying Edu loan from US through parents account in India [ 1 Answers ]

Sir / madam My daughter took educational loan to study in USA. Now she has completed her studies and wants to repay the loan by transferring $ to my account and I shall pay in Rs to the bank through my cheque. Does this procedure put any tax liability on me? Thank you and regards Som

View more questions Search