Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zman5204 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Child abandonment
    Hi,
    We are having to relocate to a different state due to being laid off from work. I have a 17 year old son who is from a different father that refuses to go with us. We have 8 months until he turns 18. I am recognized on the birth certificate as his father though we have DNA proof that the other man is his natural father. If he refuses to go with us to this other state, is it considered child abandonment? We currently reside in GA. I want him to come with but he down right refuses to go.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 18, 2007, 11:53 AM
    IN GA a 17 can move out if they want to. But just make arrangements with family friend for him to live there till school is out.
    This is not abandonment if you make arrangements for him to stay somewhere.
    B-Luv Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by zman5204
    Hi,
    We are having to relocate to a different state due to being laid off from work. I have a 17 year old son who is from a different father that refuses to go with us. We have 8 months until he turns 18. I am recognized on the birth certificate as his father though we have DNA proof that the other man is his natural father. If he refuses to go with us to this other state, is it considered child abandonment? We currently reside in GA. I want him to come with but he down right refuses to go.
    Did you ask him how he feels about this whole situation? Cause I'm kind of in the same situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child abandonment [ 5 Answers ]

Could somebody please tell me what the laws are on child abandonment in the state of Pennsylvania? I've looked it up, but I always find it on other states and not the one I need.

Abandonment of a child [ 5 Answers ]

I have a sixteen year old niece that is being raised by her widowed mother. She has one more year in high school and is the captain of her dance team at school and does very well in school. Her mother grauated nursing school 3 years ago and just recently has been accepted to a physician assistants...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child abandonment [ 1 Answers ]

My fathers son has had no contact of paid no support for 1 year, I would like to know if there is any way I can get him for abandonment with out having to retain a lawyer.

Child Abandonment [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old son who has spent a total of 30min with his biological father since I was 3 months pregnant. That was December 22, 2005. The father left me because he thought it was going to be a girl and he didn't want one. I called him when my son was a week old, as soon as we got out of...

View more questions Search