Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bface Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2013, 06:23 AM
    Husband doesn't love anymore
    I have been with my husband for 12 years married 10 years. We have an 8 year daughter and I have 4 other daughters ages 26, 22, 19, 17; whom all call him Dad and love him very much. We both decided that I stayed home and raised our daughter. We have been fighting a lot in the past 5 yrs, never solving anything. He tells me now that he doesn't love me for it anymore and that he is having a hard time leaving because of the girls.

I have begged him to forgive and that I realized it was my fault and I want our marriage to work that I love him and that I'm grateful he is still here. I don't fight with him, I don't question him when he is out all the time. I keep a smile on my face and let him know that I trust him and that I'm happy that he is hanging out with his friends. He sees that things are better but he still doesn't know if he can be with me or ever love me again.

This has been going on for 3 months now, and I can't handle it. Even the older girls see it and all of us our tired and sad and sometimes angry. I don't know what to do. I want our marriage to work. I know I can make him happy. I know what makes him happy. I have done it before, but he won't give me the chance. So I told him by the end of the weekend he has to tell me what he wants. I'm scared because I want an answer, but I'm afraid I won't like it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 8, 2013, 06:45 AM
    Why is it your fault and no letting him run the streets was not the answer.

Getting professional counseling and working out what is most likely dozens of issues , is what works

Feb 8, 2013, 09:50 AM
    I have already ask him about conselling and he said no.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 8, 2013, 10:53 AM
    You smile and cater too much, and allow him EVERYTHING, and that results in a loss of respect. Bet your daughters have told you the same thing. If he expressed a loss of love, don't kiss his butt, kick him out, or make him sleep on the porch.
    MikeBear Posts: 31, Reputation: 9
    -

Feb 8, 2013, 01:35 PM
    I don't think all this is your fault. He is having everything his own way, and I don't think he really cares anymore. He doesn't respect you, and it's time for one of you to leave. Stop kissing his butt, and trying to make everything all OK. It probably won't work anyway. If he is not willing to go to counseling, then he is finished. Good luck.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 9, 2013, 08:08 AM
    Let him go. If he does not want to work at it there is nothing you can do.
    Tell him to make up his mind to do counseling and work on the marriage or leave. You should not be walking on eggshells or kissing his
    Butt .

Feb 9, 2013, 10:24 AM
    Thanks guys for listening to me. It is so confusing because he just got me to meet some of his friends and he is willing to hand out with me but he does keep his distants. It was hard to meet his friend's wives they are so nice and I will probably never seen them again. I just don't understand why he wanted to bring me along. He is suppose to tell me Sunday night if he wants it to work.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 9, 2013, 11:03 AM
    Boy, do you need a life outside of him, just for a better perspective, and peace of mind. Case in point, get some phone numbers of the people you meet to be in touch later. That's how you make friends and break your isolation, and dependence.

I mean, why must you wait until he decides if he wants you or NOT?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband told me he doesn't love me anymore and having an affair with a 21 year old [ 6 Answers ]

We have been married 20 years. Both of us are 43 years old. We have 8 years old daughter. We made a love marriage. He is very aggressive and he used violence against me in initial years of our marriage. I didn't leave him back then although I wanted to do so. I guess I couldn't accept the failure...

My ex doesn't love me anymore and says never again? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, around 6 weeks ago me my ex girlfriend splitup after 2 years, its breaking my heart, only problem is she knows it. I met her under funny situations, she was border line depressive, no job, car and going from bloke to bloke, all I wanted was to rescue her. Our relationship was up and down and...

She says she doesn't love me anymore and it doesn't make sense. [ 66 Answers ]

Hi to all, My ex broke up with me a month ago and is now with someone else. The thing is we have 2 kids and we're both in our early 20's. I can honestly say that it's my fault she left. I know the guy that she's with because we used to hang out with her cousins to drink a few beers but we...

I'm 20 and my husband is 23. He doesn't want to sleep with me anymore. [ 8 Answers ]

Well, let's see here. Before my husband and I were married, we had amazing sex. All the time. In fact, I couldn't keep him away from me, and it was great. Ever since we got married though, ONLY 2 MONTHS AGO, his desire to sleep with me seems to be... gone. I'm only 20 and he's 23. This is his...

View more questions Search