Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Megan Lee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 10:08 AM
    Am I ready to get married?
    Hi, my name is Megan. I have a two year old son, I left his father last October. I moved to Minnesota where I'm starting over. I have a new boyfriend now who I have known four years. He is a great man and he loves my son like his own. He has custody of his five year old who I love just like my own. I moved into his home and everything is wonderful. We communicate so well, we talk through all of our problems. We have some issues when it comes to sex though. I don't think we have sex enough. I find myself getting pretty angry. I don't show my anger, I just pray that God will take my angry feelings away and help me to understand why. We have talked about it and it seems that were OK for a while then its right back to the way it was. He is in college and he works and takes care of his son and holds down a house. I know he gets stressed. Sex is always on his time. I always go for it because the sex is so seldom. So I jump at any opportunity. I don't want it to be this way. We have talked about getting married and we both feel that we want to be with each other. I have this feeling for him that I have never felt before. He is the "man of my dreams" despite the problems that every relationship has. I am just asking for some direction. I hope you can help me! Thank you for listening. Megan
    Parajr Posts: 149, Reputation: 21

Mar 18, 2007, 10:43 AM
    Megan you have a serious concern. In this situation you havce to weigh your options. Sex vs. the man of your life. Sex is very important, but like you stated he is currently under a lot of pressure. When the pressure is resolved there is a chance that thigs will get better. My advice to you is use your sexual powers to suduce him, become irresistible to him, then back away. As a man we always want what we can't have. If you are making yourself avalibe to him at the drop of a dime this is not helping the situation. Try sex toys to hold you over until you have you sexual habits up to your standards Please rate this answer.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Mar 18, 2007, 10:44 AM
    Well your first question says it all. Am I ready to get married. It sounds that your questioning it. So for the mean time maybe it should be put on the back shelf for now, just like the sex. JK. Anyway, every relationship has its ups and downs and it sounds like you both feel good about each other and want a strong committement. Just remember that man and women are usually out of step as to sex, but communication and talking openly about is very good. It is important to keep the lines of communication open. Praying to God is very good. He will keep you strong no matter what. Praying for the best with you and your man. Remember God will give you the best answer.

Joe
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Mar 18, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Sex hun is just that sex.. yes it is part of a relationship but it is not the main thing.. the main thing is communication, understanding, sharing with each other...
    Now I know I would not want to have to have sex if I came home tired from work, stressed over bills, and raising a child to boot...
    Stop putting the sex above everything else.. as you said you have a good man and the issue of you not getting enough sex could very well make him unsure if he would still want this future with you.
    saraispiel19 Posts: 670, Reputation: 115
    -

Mar 18, 2007, 04:35 PM
    Here's α tip: whαtever problem you hαve with him right now, in your cαse sex.. deαl with it--meαning get it resolved (between yourselves or with extrα help-like α couple's therαpist, church councilor/pαstor.. etc.) believe me its no joke when you get mαrried those "problems" get mαgnified... trust me on this on hunnie! Whαtever you do DON'T rush into gtting mαrried like I did... 4 yeαrs is greαt αnd mαy seem long to you but whαts αnother couple months of getting things "strαightened up".. I believe you don't wαnt to αrgue on the few dαys of being mαrried or before...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am in love with 2 men, 1 is getting married and I am married to the other [ 12 Answers ]

Never ever thought I would be posting a question on a site - but life got me here:rolleyes: I am a happily married woman - happily married if you remove the sex out of marriage. My partner was never very interested in sex and that was something I had comfortably accepted. We lived happily for...

What is HD-ready? [ 4 Answers ]

In considering a flat screen TV, what is the difference in HDTV, HD-ready, LCD?

Almost ready to go [ 13 Answers ]

I have bought a Linksys Wireless Adapter to connect to my computer via USB cable. I bought it on eBay, so it didn't come with directions or a CD, but I am not sure if a CD is necessary. I need some help getting connected. Can anyone help me?

View more questions Search