Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Askmemohan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2013, 06:46 PM
    Part time residency for some one spending part of time outside the country
    I spend partmof my time in GA and part outside of USA.for GA taxes am I full or part time resident.Almost all of my small income is from pension originating in GA. Can I /should I claim exclusion as I am over 62 too?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 7, 2013, 07:03 PM
    If you routinely return to Georgia, the Georgia tax officials will consider you a full-time GA resident.

That said, the pension should be tax-exempt from FA incpme taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NY Residency: Part-time or non-resident? [ 4 Answers ]

I went to Columbia University from Jan-May 2008 and kept my permanent address at my parent's home in Washington. After graduating from Columbia, I moved home to Seattle and then back to New York City for my job where I worked July-December 20008. I worked in NYC and paid NY state and local...

NY/CT part time residency [ 1 Answers ]

My name is Vicki, I am a resident of NY and have a bioptic drivers license. My husband is strongly contemplating a move to CT. I have verified with CT DMV that they have no provision to license me as a bioptic driver in their state. I am considering maintaing part time residence in NY and CT to...

Full time or part time tax residency [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This may be a stupid question... I graduated from college in Illinois in mid-June of 2007. In 2007, I lived in Illinois from Jan to mid-June. I got a job in New York and started receiving my pay checks in June. I have lived in New York for the remaining time, however my lease...

Live part-time NYC and work full-time and live part-timein Long Island am I NYC resi [ 1 Answers ]

For all of 2007, I lived and worked in Suffolk County four days per week, and I lived in the Bronx three days per week (not working during those three days). My employer generated my w-2 form with non-resident status based on my working and living in Suffolk County for my emploment. My question is,...

Part time residency in the state of Oregon for tax purposes [ 1 Answers ]

So, I work in Alaska and I have a mailing address in Alaska, but I'm also renting an apratment in Oregon, and I travel back and forth every month. I earn nothing while in Oregon, and spend less than 6 months a year in Oregon. A friend advised me to file as a part time resident, and that way I could...

View more questions Search