Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Angela Radikov Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2013, 01:45 PM
    From Bulgaria and I married a US citizen
    If somebody can help with advices.I am from Bulgaria and I married a US citizen two years ago.Now we are divorced.I still have my temporary green card available till September 2013.Question: can I still use my green card or it's getting revoked?Can I travel outside US and be able to come back?Thanks,Angela.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Feb 7, 2013, 08:13 PM
    Your status is automatically revoked. However, if you are eligible to remove condition based on domestic violence, then you can submit I-751, even after the divorce.
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21

Feb 7, 2013, 09:12 PM
    If it was a bona fide marriage when you got the conditional green card, you can file for Removal of Conditions after divorce.
    Angela Radikov Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2013, 12:22 PM
    Thanks for the help. My marriage was bona fide and it was no domestic violence in our relationship.If my status is getting revoked what's going to happened till I can submit my I-751?That will be in June 2013.Am I in any deportation situation?Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US citizen wishing to get married in the UK to a British citizen then return to US [ 0 Answers ]

I am a US citizen, my fiancˇ is a British citizen. I want to go to the UK to marry him, but we want to live in the US after we marry. What will I need to do to be able to marry him in the UK, i.e.. what documentation will I need to provide, and what will we then need to do to bring him back to...

Taxes for EU citizen married to US citizen living abroad [ 1 Answers ]

What about the non-US citizen married to a US citizen both living in Europe and not earning income in the US? Does the non-US citizen need to file for US taxes when he has no US income nor is a US citizen? Would the US citizen spouse should just file in married filing separately?

Taxes for EU citizen married to dual US/EU citizen earning income both in US and EU [ 3 Answers ]

I am not a US citizen who lived and worked in the USA from 2000 - 2008 (worked 2003 - 2008 with H1B visa). My wife is an American and EU citizen and we got married in 2010. We both work, get paid and pay taxes in Europe. We jointly own real estate in the US which we rent and we are interested to...

Canadian citizen married to US citizen living in Canada, tax information [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, My wife and I have lived in Canada since August 2008. She has not filed US tax returns since 2008 and I would like to have them filed prior to our move to the US by late 2011. I am a little lost on which forms to use. Here is how our current income breaks down. Wife (USC) - 2008...

You.S. Citizen married to you.K. Citizen currently living in UK and wanting to move to US [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am a US citizen (24 years old) currently living in the UK with my husband (30 years old) who is a UK citizen. We were married in Nov. 2007 in California which is where I am from. I am currently living with him and working as I obtained a UK Spouse VISA. My VISA runs out in July and am...

View more questions Search