Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juriiiiii Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2013, 08:50 PM
    What happens when you go AWOL in the national guard?
    OK so I have a friend and he stopped going to his drills last year in march. He hasn't went back since. A couple of weeks ago a Sargent came to his house, he wasn't home but the Sargent told his father that they are wanting him to call them because he's AWOL and that he's not in trouble they just want to talk to him. He still hasn't called and probably won't... What will happen if he doesn't?
    Elvisrosas Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Feb 6, 2013, 08:58 PM
    Idk if it's the same for the national guard but in the marine core he would be in deep he needs to let them know what's going on article 81 I think if he is not doing his duties then he will be in court and maybe sent to jail
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Feb 6, 2013, 09:57 PM
    Back in the 80's I had a friend that joined the guard. For whatever reason, he got through a few weeks of basic and went AWOL. They finally caught him a few weeks later and he went to jail.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 6, 2013, 11:49 PM
    If he shows back up and starts going to meeting, they may do little but some local disipline.

If they make it formal, he will go to jail ( prison) for AWOL

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I join national guard while I'm on probation . [ 10 Answers ]

Can I still join national guard while I'm on probation have a 3rd drgee felony 4 att burlary my p.o officer said I get relase in 2010 of April but I want to join now. and on the mean while should I go for my .g.. e.. d because of problems I droped out of high school in the 9th grade . ...

I'm looking for a movie, probably 70's or 80's, wherein two towns have national guard [ 1 Answers ]

This movie is about two rival towns that have National Guard units (I think). The rivalry escalates until there is a shooting confrontation between the entire two towns. Takes place in the winter.

Join the national guard to be a cop? [ 6 Answers ]

I want to join the national guard and eventually be a police officer. I don't have very much info en would like to know if it is hard to do

National Guard and Probation [ 2 Answers ]

What happens when your serving the national guard and you are put on probation while still serving.

View more questions Search