Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debic68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2013, 05:50 PM
    SSDI back pay
    I applied for SSI only. Got it. Had it for 4 years and worked parttime and had enough credits finally for SSDI in Oct. 2011. However, for some reason they denied me the SSDI while still giving me the SSI. I appealed and won at judge level. Will I get SSDI back pay from Oct. 2011 to date or did SSI take it all? (I received my SSI back pay long ago.)
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2013, 06:41 PM
    What did the judge say? Is there an administrative court order stating the terms?

Otherwise, call the involved agencies and ask. I do know that generally you cannot receive both disability and social security at the same time - one or the other. So if you were getting one, and later were approved for the other, they'd probably just transfer you from one program to the other, not pay you both for any simultaneous period. Is that what you're asking?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do I pay taxes on back pay I just was awarded ssdi and will receive over 40,000.00 [ 2 Answers ]

I just received a favorable decision on my application for ssdi title 11 according to ssa I will receive over 40,000.00 I am single with no other income will I be exspected to pay taxes on it 0

Non custodial Parent's SSDI Back Pay [ 1 Answers ]

I have a court order against the non custodial parent and he now owes a sum of 50.000. I have not collected any child support in three years and we just recently went to court, where I was informed he was collecting SSDI, and that he protected my son and his other child on the ssdi app. Come to...

Is SSDI back pay taxable income? [ 9 Answers ]

Received back pay from SSDI in 08, but some of that money was for 07. Is that money taxable? If so does it all get claimed for 08 or does something have to be done for 07 taxes? Receive monthly SSDI, no other earned income. I do receive money monthly from a LTD policy that has already been...

View more questions Search