Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frank b Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Murray Riding Mower
    I bought a used Murray riding mower with a 40" deck. I want to add a mulching kit but can't seem to find one. Does anyone know if there are any interchangeable parts that will fit this mower?
    newaukumdon Posts: 525, Reputation: 44

Mar 18, 2007, 11:00 AM
    Most of the mulching kits available now simply block the discharge port and use low lift blades. If it is a two blade deck find 2-20 inch generic mulching blades and a discharge blocking method that is safe and you should be fine.

Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Murray Riding Mower won't move [ 10 Answers ]

My Murray Riding Mower is 7 yrs old. When I last started the mower it started but does not move forward or backward. Can anyone asvise what could be wrong, e.g. transmission and is it worth repairing, or could it be repaired.

Murray Riding mower won't start [ 13 Answers ]

Driving along and it died, won't restart. Engine turns over, fire is getting to the spark plug, but won't kick in. Anybody know how to troubleshoot this problem. I hate to take it to the shop, feel like it is a simple problem. It has gas, the plug is new, and has oil. Susan:confused:

OLD Murray Riding Mower Issue [ 10 Answers ]

We bought a used Murray riding mower a few months ago for $150. It was a great price & has worked quite well with minimal issues until now. So far it had only need a belt, a new spark plug & some paint. Now, one of the deck belts shredded & got flung off the deck and THIS is where my problem...

Old Murray riding mower [ 8 Answers ]

I bought an old Murray riding mower last year. I'm not sure what year it is, but here is my problem: One of the rear tires has a flat, instead of loading up the whole mower in the back of the truck, I wouldm like to remove the wheel. I removed the holding pin and the washer from the outside of the...

Murray Riding Mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a murray riding mower that I purchased in August of 1991. Apparently I need a new transaxle because it will not go in gear at all. The part # in the book is Dana model 4450-1 which I have been unable to locate, the only reference I have come across for the part says that it has been...

View more questions Search