Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brew49411 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 08:11 AM
    How do I take this?
    I've been seeing this girl on and off now for about two months. We had a great relationship for the most part then it got rough for about a week. This last week we seem to have patched things up and everything is starting to get back to normal. Yesterday was my birthday. We didn't go out together, but ended up after having to many drinks deciding through text messages that we wanted to spend the night together. This did happen but this morning she said things like, " Be careful with me" and " Do you really like me". I told her yes, because I do. I am confused, however, at why she said "be careful with me". Is it because she is scared about how serious we are getting, or does she have something else that I should be careful for. Is she warning me that she is going to break my heart, or is she telling me not to break hers? What do you guys think?
    Parajr Posts: 149, Reputation: 21

Mar 18, 2007, 10:58 AM
    This is a tough question to answer. You will really never know the answer until you ask her excatly what she meant. In my opinion I believe that she is protecting herself. She has probably been hurt before and is afraid of being hurt again. This all depends on the type of person she is. If she is more of a giver than a taker she may be looking out for you. If she is a taker by nature it is likely that eh is looking out for her own feelings. I would ask her. Please rate this answer.
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2007, 11:43 AM
    She saying DON'T RUSH THINGS. Go slow. Be busy doing other things.

Question - seriously - how often do you contact her? Several times a day?

Most guys get in this position and push the gal away by too much communcation.

You have her now. Don't screw this up - give her sapce. Let her feel free as well.

Let her contact you.
    satish kumar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2007, 01:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by brew49411
    I've been seeing this girl on and off now for about two months. We had a great relationship for the most part then it got rough for about a week. This last week we seem to have patched things up and everything is starting to get back to normal. Yesterday was my birthday. We didn't go out together, but ended up after having to many drinks deciding through text messages that we wanted to spend the night together. This did happen but this morning she said things like, " Be careful with me" and " Do you really like me". I told her yes, because I do. I am confused, however, at why she said "be careful with me". Is it because she is scared about how serious we are getting, or does she have something else that I should be careful for. Is she warning me that she is gonna break my heart, or is she telling me not to break hers? What do you guys think?
    Dear brew
    I have read your message.are you really loving her?if so continue.first thing is that you must be have good personality.you must think positively.you have good bright future.dont spoil your life.first you concentrate on your job.directly ask her what is your openion according to me.if she OK give good reply.ok think your bright future.god bless you.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Mar 18, 2007, 01:22 PM
    Ask her what it means and she will likely tell you. Easy peasy! LOL (Not to mention that's a good habit to get into... )
    And by all means, go sloooooooooooooooow with this, okay?
    Wildcat21 Posts: 3,582, Reputation: 435
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2007, 11:08 AM
    Don't rush things. This is a CRITICAL point in your relationship. Be busy. Show her you have a life.

She is part of your life. Not your life.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 19, 2007, 11:58 AM
    At two months you are strangers who know nothing of each other except you are attracted to each other. Go slow and have fun and enjoy getting to know each other.
    brew49411 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 03:32 PM
    I'm taking all of your advice and going slow. I try to do one really simple but nice thing for her a day, just to show her I'm thinking about her, but then let her do her thing. She has been really flirty when we are around each other, kind of like two puppys playing, but she rarely texts or calls. At this point we might speak once or twice a day over the phone and I am not pushing that any harder. I know she likes me... She purposely finds me just to tell me little stories about her week and maybe tickle or hug me. The question now is when if ever (and how) to I try to make this more serious?

Thanks guys!
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Mar 20, 2007, 05:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by brew49411
    I'm taking all of your advice and going slow. I try to do one really simple but nice thing for her a day, just to show her I'm thinking about her, but then let her do her thing. She has been really flirty when we are around each other, kinda like two puppys playing, but she rarely texts or calls. At this point we might speak once or twice a day over the phone and I am not pushing that any harder. I know she likes me..... She purposely finds me just to tell me little stories about her week and maybe tickle or hug me. The question now is when if ever (and how) to I try to make this more serious?

Thanks guys!
    The way the situation is that you posted here sounds good. I am so glad to hear you are taking it slow-- very wise.

The thing to remember is in a relationship there are always two "authors". It will take her wanting to make it more serious too in order for it to become genuinely more serious. There really is a need to respect how the other person feels at all times. If you find you feel more attracted to her then she is you, well, that's the way it sometimes goes in this part of life-- which is why dating around and not limiting choices is a good idea.

All the eggs in one basket too soon (or without both people's desire and consent for it) makes for too heavy of a load and breaks the basket. The reason you are going slow is to give her time to develop her feelings. Should those feelings not develop in the manner you were hoping for, take that with honor and seek elsewhere. This is a very very important lesson to begin learning now. It will save you a lot of heartache if you remember always - two people are in this and you have power over only one -- you. Focus on being your most attractive self and let what comes of that occur.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search