Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lileeob Posts: 51, Reputation: 2

Feb 6, 2013, 08:26 AM
    Is it true that "you never forget your first" ?
    I was just thinking yesterday of my exes Bla :(
    Anyway I felt like I missed most of them, well the better parts of them, EXCEPT for my first. I have no feelings what so ever of adoration or even any positive feelings towards him. Is it even normal that I think about my exes often (usually something triggers the thought and I get nostalgic about it... )
    Does this happen to anyone else? Or do I just suck?
    How do I get over this? I find especially at night I am feeling sad or worried or something and I just want to talk to them? Not worried about myself, I just wonder how they are doing and I feel like I want to say sorry. Would this be a waste of time? Obv they are in my past for a reason and I'm feeling should be left there...

Any advice or input appreciated thanks
    LittleBlackKat Posts: 152, Reputation: 14

Feb 6, 2013, 11:34 AM
    No, you don't 'suck'. I too think of my first ex, but you have to proceed with caution. I truly believe in the saying : 'An ex is an ex for a reason'. It is normal and natural to remember the good and even the bad, but remember to take your brain with your heart in the process if you don't want to open up a can of new worms, so to speak.

Again, just tread with caution. Only you and your ex know each other and what went on in your relationship, so it is almost impossible for someone to judge it for you. Go with your gut: If you feel like talking to him, do so *BUT WITH CAUTION!* If not, then it is best to cut off all contact.

Hope this helps.
    lileeob Posts: 51, Reputation: 2

Feb 11, 2013, 04:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBlackKat View Post
    No, you don't 'suck'. I too think of my first ex, but you have to proceed with caution. I truly believe in the saying : 'An ex is an ex for a reason'. It is normal and natural to remember the good and even the bad, but remember to take your brain with your heart in the process if you don't want to open up a can of new worms, so to speak.

Again, just tread with caution. Only you and your ex know each other and what went on in your relationship, so it is almost impossible for someone to judge it for you. Go with your gut: If you feel like talking to him, do so *BUT WITH CAUTION!* If not, then it is best to cut off all contact.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! This was helpful
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Feb 11, 2013, 04:32 PM
    I rarely think of my first 'love' but now and again she pops into my head. I moved on with no contact and quite a bit of time.

I have her on Facebook now and she's not as attractive as she was, she's had quite a few bfs I think between me and her current one. I haven't really felt any pangs and it was pretty much 6 years ago.

My most recent ex, think about her all the time but attempting no contact now so I can move on - you should to.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 11, 2013, 04:38 PM
    I remember my first love, and the first kiss he gave me in 1961.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

View more questions Search