Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zoe789 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2013, 08:19 AM
    Children being put up for adoption
    My two children age 3 and 4 are in the care of the local athority. They are asking the courts for permission to do a adoption order. I am opposing this order. They have told me that my children who have been with there protentual adoptive parents for 9 months now that they call them mummy and daddy beford the adoption order has been made. Can they do this?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 6, 2013, 08:50 AM
    Can who do what?

Can the authority tell you what the children call the people with whom they live? I suppose.

Can your children call the would-be adoptive parents "Mommy" and "Daddy"? Looks like it.

May the adoptive parents legally allow the children to call them "Mommy" and "Daddy"? I don't see why not? What are they supposed to do, punish the children for using those terms?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 6, 2013, 10:43 AM
    I assume you are asking whether the local authority can put your children up for adoption. The answer is yes, because they apparently have done so.

You don't say WHY the children were taken from you (a very key fact). Most family courts work on the charge of doing what is best for the children. They are telling you that your children have bonded with the family they were placed with. And that strengthens their case for adoption.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to be put up for adoption? [ 5 Answers ]

I am 16 and needs to get out

How do I put myself up for adoption [ 7 Answers ]

I am soooo sad! My mom is being kind of mean to me, and I want to be put up for adoption. My mom doesn't really care, but my dad said no in a split second! Help?

Can somebody help me?. how I can put myself up for adoption [ 6 Answers ]

I'm trying to put myself up for adoption and don't know how

How do I put myself up for adoption [ 3 Answers ]

My family being mean and I want to leave forever. How do I put myself up for adoption so my friends family can adopt me?

View more questions Search