Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lrichardson09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2013, 04:52 PM
    What to do when mom hates you

My mom points out my every flaw and every mistake. She even plays "favoritism" around the house. She is always comparing me to my older siblings. One who graduated high school as an honor student (who is in college + has a job that is under my mom) and the other one graduated high school, went to trade school, and is currently taking "practice" courses to become a painter. If I as so much as sit in the living room- she starts to talk about how I need to "buckle down", but I'm a "A"-"B" student! I don't understand why she treats me like this. At first I thought that maybe it was because we all have separate dads and since she had left my dad here recently, to get back with her ex-husband. I thought that she just despised me because of it. But I also think that she just doesn't like my "silent" attitude. I don't really talk to her much anymore- in fact-I try to avoid her as much as possible now because I am seriously afraid of what she'll say next... I mean-she's telling all of my family members about what a "bad daughter" I am! I haven't done anything! I've never gotten to do anything because I had to stay home and spend "quality time" with the family- or I had to watch my baby sister why she works and goes out to party! I just don't know what I did that made her hate me so much. Why is she mad at me all of the time?
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Feb 5, 2013, 04:56 PM
    Hate to say it... but you may need to say to your mom what you said on here. I don't think anybody here can really answer 100% for you because there are two sides to a story... maybe we're getting the accurate side, maybe we're not. We can only give advice. Mine is simply to try and talk to her about how you feel.
    lrichardson09 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2013, 05:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    Hate to say it...but you may need to say to your mom what you said on here. I don't think anybody here can really answer 100% for you because there are two sides to a story....maybe we're getting the accurate side, maybe we're not. We can only give advice. Mine is simply to try and talk to her about how you feel.
    Thanks. I really appreciate it.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Feb 5, 2013, 06:07 PM
    It most likely will not be a fix all for you... but I think if you want to make any steps at all in fixing this... it would be a correct first move on your part.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mom hates me [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings from Turkey! I'm a girl and 16 years old. I have some problems with my mother. I think she hates me and sometimes I think she wants kill me! She can't stand my face. Before my sister was born she loved me but now she loves my sister .Every night I'm crying in my bed but she doesn't care....

My mom is mean and hates me. Why? [ 1 Answers ]

My dad died about 7 months ago and my relationship with my mom has gotten way worse. She will scream that I never do anything around the house and that I'm worthless to her. Intelligence her that I wash the dishes,do laundry, vacuum, and clean up after the dog when she asks but she will always...

My mom hates me [ 3 Answers ]

My mom hates me and told me so when I was young. We are now both Christians, and we are closer than ever before, but she constantly does things to hurt me. Like at Christmas I got a card, but my brother got a gift card and so did his wife, her daughter in law, I got an apology that she couldn't...

My mom hates me! I think she really does! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! I'm 14 years old and I'm a girl! And my mom hates me!I love her! And she's she loves me to sometimes but she says she hates me like 5 times a day and she's says so many means things like she is going to hurt me and I'm not good enoff for her! And I try so hard but that's not good for her! And...

My mom hates me [ 3 Answers ]

My mom has been treating me like dirt for the past few years, it has been really bad this year. She usually seems nice but every few days she gets mad at me for no reason. I try and keep good grades in school, but say if I miss an assignment, or forgot to turn something in, SHE GOES NUTS! And when...

View more questions Search