Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Countrygirl600 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2013, 07:21 AM
    We have purchased a 1997 Champion Mobile Home can we replace gas water heater to elec
    This mobile home has all gas appliances and we wish to replace the gas water heater with an electric heater. Would this mobile home we wired with 220 so this could be done?
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2013, 07:38 AM
    Most, if not all, homes have 120/240 volts in the service.

What you need is to hire an electrician to check the amp size of the service, and confirm the service has sufficient amp capacity to handle the added load of a water heater. If so, then he can install the wiring for the new water heater.
    Countrygirl600 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2013, 08:03 AM
    Thank you very much.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric Wiring Diagram for 1997 Champion Mobil Home 3 bedroom 2 bath [ 2 Answers ]

I need electric wiring diagram for 1997 Champion Mobil Home with 3 bedroom and two baths. All appliances are gas including water heater, we would like to put in an electric water heater, but don't know if there is 220 wiring.

Intertherm gas mobile home heater [ 0 Answers ]

My heater makes a slight bang before it fires up it makes the noise like 2/3minutes before the heat comes on puzzled I know oil burners well but gas I'm at a loss any help would be great.

Gas mobile home heater troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a gas intertherm furnace that is two years old this month. No more warranty. It ignites, but does not stay on more then a few seconds and goes out resulting in no warm air. I have had the repairman out several times in the past month, they replaced the "board" very pricey, and now it is...

Mobile home gas heater [ 0 Answers ]

Where can I find out about a Intertherm Gas Heater model # W590005.

Replacing an electrical wall heater in single wide mobile home to Gas Heat [ 1 Answers ]

One of the single wide mobile homes in the park I supervise has an electrical wall heater and the elctrical bills have been astronomical, due probably to the poor insulation. Another reason, I guess, could be the age of the heater. The HVAC people that work for us told us that there is no...

View more questions Search