Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Feb 3, 2013, 11:27 PM
    Advice for abused women.
    I have said this before and will keep saying this as if it helps one woman keep her children and get out, maybe I will do some good.

I was married to an abusive man. He was charged with abuse, unlawful confinement, uttering death threats, breaking restraining orders and that is only the ones I reported. I fell for the I am sorry and it was my fault I made him do it. It was my fault for looking out the car windows when men walked by as I was signalling to them a phone number to contact me at, it was my fault if supper was not ready, it was my fault if I was too tired to have sex, it was my fault if a toy was left on the floor, it was my fault I was ugly, it was my fault I was lazy, it was my fault it was my fault it was my fault... do you see a pattern?

END RESULT: I was stupid; I risked my children. I risked my life with them. You see I lost custody of them. In most areas being in an abusive marriage is grounds to lose your kids as they are being harmed emotionally. I was so emotionally messed up I had a breakdown.
    Steps if you want to stay alive and keep your children are:
    1. Get legal documents and clothes packed. Passports, birth certificates, marriage license
    2. Call the police if he is abusing you
    3. Call a local battered women's shelter to get out
    4. Get counseling
    5. Get legal custody of your children.

Please don't ruin your life like I did. The guilt will tear you up inside, believe me. GET OUT.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 4, 2013, 04:00 AM
    In addition, have all the important papers stored at someone else's home, not your own home.
    Try and have money hidden away.

Also if you go and have joint accounts, go take every penny you can and go

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Movie about a southern women who is abused my husband and cuts his head off puts it I [ 1 Answers ]

Movie about a southern women who is abused my husband and cuts his head off puts it in a suitcase and goes to hollywood to be star and gets the part of Samtha in bewitched

Help desk for abused women [ 4 Answers ]

When I was in UAE, I had an affair in about 4 years , then,after that long years, I realized, its not really right, because we're both have a family, So, I'm breaking up with him, then his threatening me, he said, he will send our photos to my husband, but still I have to break him because, his not...

Women that have been sexualy abused as kids [ 1 Answers ]

My now ex-girlfriend was sexually abused by her father for years. She says she's OK with it, but she is very untrusting. I still love her and would like to help her. If nothing else to see her happier in life.

Fear of the telling the truth, was abused need advice! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi! I am a mom of three in the verge of a divorce after 10 yrs, my ex was a boozer abuser and made me fear most things that I considered valuable in life like telling the truth, and communication. I know I lie and hate doing it, I don't lie to my kids, just my ex fear of him I guess. Im so scared...

View more questions Search