Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Indra Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Mar 18, 2007, 01:44 AM
    Lightening dyed dark hair
    If I dye my (dark blonde) hair to a dark brown, then decide I don't like it can I lighten it?
    Going to the hairdressers is not a problem, but I don't like my natural colour as dark blonde just isn't for me, so its either dark brown or a light blonde:)
    Also will my hair get very damaged by getting it lightened professionally after being dyed darker??
    shannonoleyar Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Mar 18, 2007, 07:59 AM
    You will be able to have it lightened again if you dye it dark. Yes, having it lightened after that will cause damage. You will probably experience breakage and split ends if you don't care for your hair properly. Maybe you should start w/ dark low-lights and keep adding to them if you aren't sure about a color. Salon's have samples of colors and can advise how a certain color will turn out on your natural shade. Take in a photo of a hair color you like. There are lots of great websites that you can scan your photo into and change your haircolor and style to see what it will look like on you. Print out the photo and take it to the salon w/ you. Good luck!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 18, 2007, 10:11 AM
    It's important to communicate with your hairstylist, so that he/she will give you the color you want. It's easier to go darker than it is to go lighter. If you want to go from dark to light blonde, minus the brassiness, you will need to bleach your hair, and then apply a toner.

Bleaching or lightening your hair can cause certain amount of damage if it's not done correctly. If your hair looks damaged or dry, do a deep condition treatment at least once or twice a week to restore some moisture and resilient to your hair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Fade Dyed Dark Hair? [ 12 Answers ]

Im naturally a very fair, light brown colour hair and I died it black about 3 months ago but because my hair is so long I used two hair dyes to cover it. Unfortunately it didn't and the ends of my hair stayed the same light colour. Now my roots are coming through so I have light roots and light...

How can I keep from my dark dyed hair from turning orange when I bleach it [ 4 Answers ]

I have naturally medium blonde hair color, and I have died my hair burgundy brown, the color took all over but is more purply red on the top of my head.. I want to go back to my nautural color or even bleach blonde.. but I have tried to strip my hair before and it just turned orange, then bleaching...

Hair dyed to dark [ 1 Answers ]

I just dyed my light brown hair dark brown and it turned out jet black. Help!:eek:

I dyed my hair too dark [ 3 Answers ]

Please help! I colored my hair too dark of a shade. The color is very uneven (the roots are light) and the rest is too black. I don't know what to do to lighten it. Thanks!

Highlight too dark dyed hair? [ 2 Answers ]

Today I dyed my hair a light ash brown and it is really dark, esp. since I am a dark blonde normally. Should I wait for it to fade and continue to get funny looks from friends OR should I put some highlights in to break up the all over brown? I have only washed it once and underneath this new...

View more questions Search