Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pantry12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2013, 07:59 PM
    My oil furnace starts fire runs about 40sec and cuts out, then 30econds later starts
    I come home my house is cold, Frequently. OIL furnace. I go to furnace switch main switch off and back to on. Furnace fires and fire goes almost minute and shuts off. If I bump the furnace or tap the primary control the furnace starts fire and runs. Not always though. Soometimes have to use switch twice and tap the primary some more. Also the furnace fire goes for like three hours to raise room temp from 54-56deg to 69deg where thermostat is set. Called Honeywell tech. They guided me through troubleshooting They say trouble on furnace side not stat.
    Whet might be going on?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Feb 3, 2013, 08:50 PM
    Start checking the furnace wiring for any loose wires. Burner,controls, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Napoleon 1401 blowers starts and runs 15-20 seconds, stops, then starts up again? [ 0 Answers ]

Napoleon 1401 fans start up and run 15-20 seconds, then stop for a minute or two, then repeat 15-20 seconds, etc. What could be causing this and what could I do?

New crown oil bioler sometimes starts and shuts off obruptly but otherwise runs norma [ 0 Answers ]

New crown oil boiler sometimes starts and shuts off abruptly when zone valves are closed but otherwise runs good

Inducer starts, but blower/furnace never fire [ 6 Answers ]

My furnace suddenly stopped working today. The thermostat triggers properly, and the inducer fan starts running, but furnace never fires and the blower doesn't come on. If I turn the blower on manually at the thermostat, it runs fine. The furnace is an older Payne/Carrier natural gas/forced air...

View more questions Search