Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bottle12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2013, 10:03 PM
    Is it possible to get pregnant without actually having sex?
    Is it possible to get pregnant without the penis actually going inside the vagina ?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Feb 3, 2013, 12:12 AM
    Why are you asking this question? Do you think you are pregnant?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 3, 2013, 07:08 AM
    If the boy ejaculates on you or him and then touches it and then touches inside of you, yes it can happen.

It is harder to happen, but can happen. The sperm has to get inside,
    samcreed Posts: 132, Reputation: 18
    -

Feb 3, 2013, 08:25 AM
    Yes, it can happen. As another answer said, all it takes is for the sperm to get inside the vagina. If he ejaculated near your vagina, anything is possible. Good luck.
    Comeandgetme12 Posts: 99, Reputation: -5

Feb 7, 2013, 06:18 PM
    No you cannot get pregnant unless sperm has met egg(having sex). Unless you had artificial insemination, that is the only other way and its done by doctors.
    kg14 Posts: 8, Reputation: -1

Mar 25, 2013, 11:24 AM
    No, it's impossible to get pregnant from not having sex. However, your mind can trick you into actually believing that you're pregnant so you get the symptoms of a pregnant woman. However, one sperm is ejaculated from the penis, it become infertile when in contact with air. So it dies instantaneously. That's why it is such a tedious task to preserve sperm for future insemination. Unless the sperm is inside the vagina and comes in contact with an egg, then no, you can not get pregnant.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 25, 2013, 11:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kg14 View Post
    No, it's impossible to get pregnant from not having sex. However, your mind can trick you into actually believing that you're pregnant so you get the symptoms of a pregnant woman. However, one sperm is ejaculated from the penis, it become infertile when in contact with air. So it dies instantaneously. That's why it is such a tedious task to preserve sperm for future insemination. Unless the sperm is inside the vagina and comes in contact with an egg, then no, you can not get pregnant.
    So you're a doctor, are you?

Sperm does not die instantaneously when exposed to air. It can live for up to an hour, possibly more... so yes, technically it IS possible to become pregnant without penile insertion. It could be on the vagina and get in... it could be on fingers and get in... there are numerous ways that it COULD happen. Is it likely to happen? Probably not... but don't go posting things as fact that aren't true.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Mar 25, 2013, 11:35 AM
    Unless the sperm is inside the vagina and comes in contact with an egg, then no, you can not get pregnant.
    But if fingers put the sperm inside, bingo!
    kg14 Posts: 8, Reputation: -1

Mar 25, 2013, 06:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    So you're a doctor, are you?

Sperm does not die instantaneously when exposed to air. It can live for up to an hour, possibly more....so yes, technically it IS possible to become pregnant without penile insertion. It could be on the vagina and get in...it could be on fingers and get in....there are numerous ways that it COULD happen. Is it likely to happen? Probably not....but don't go posting things as fact that aren't true.
    You know this is what they teach us in school? So sorry if it differs from what you learned. Don't blame me, blame the school system where I live.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Mar 25, 2013, 06:51 PM
    You know this is what they teach us in school? So sorry if it differs from what you learned. Don't blame me, blame the school system where I live.
    We need to correct people who give the wrong information. Someone could become pregnant with the information you gave.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Mar 25, 2013, 06:52 PM
    We pride ourselves on accuracy here! For a 19 year old (you posted your age in another thread) I would hope you would take a moment to do your own research instead of arguing with a trusted member of this site. Go to your library, ask your doctor, Google it. That would make more sense. I would also get a hold of your school board and inform them of the teacher's error in teaching.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 25, 2013, 07:03 PM
    Sperm: How long do they live after ejaculation? - MayoClinic.com

Learn the facts before you give wrong info. I could understand you repeating what you were taught if it was the first response. But there were a couple of contradictory responses before yours. So instead of giving different advice you should have checked first.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2013, 04:58 AM
    Yes... and I think is a great idea if you get some education on human reporoduction before you start messing around with the opposite sex. You can't always change what's been done... after its been done. And some things have a lifetime of implications... like a pregnancy.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2013, 05:09 AM
    What kind of school teachers that? DO they teach 2+2=5 there too?

Because that is COMPLETELY incorrect. And there are thousands if not millions (could even be tens of millions) of young girls and young women get pregnant every year by that incorrect assumption.

All it takes is for something microscopic to get from his weiner to her vaginal opening... touch or clothing doesn't matter... it only has to happen while its still viable and that is more than enough time.

Ever get ink or something on your hand and get it all over everything before you knew it was there? Remember the mess you had to clean up... this is no different.

Time to learn some actual facts on human reproduction before you find yourself supprised by an unplanned pregnancy. It happens every day to people that thought they knew far more than they actually did. And even believed the wrong things.

I see it at least 15 or 20 times every single day on just this site... so imagine how often it really happens in the world.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After having unprotected sex can I still be pregnant if I bleed after sex [ 6 Answers ]

Well I've also had a few pregnancy symptoms...

Sex while pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I will be 10 weeks pregnant on wed and the last few times my husband and I have had sex I have bled is that okay? I also champ while having sex in my left ov

Sex while pregnant [ 2 Answers ]

Im wondering if I have sex with my boyfriend while pregnant can he go real deep inside of me without hurting my baby?

View more questions Search