Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hammer3383 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2013, 07:39 AM
    Air conditioner troubleshooting heat unit keeps throwing the breaker in the electric
    The breaker in the electric panel keeps triping for the heat unit
    Hammer3383 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2013, 07:45 AM
    A/C with heat strips
    I have a Goodmen Heat pump split unit a/c works fine but for the past few days when in heat mode the breaker in the electric panel trips
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2013, 07:47 AM
    Either there is a short circuit in the wiring or heating elements, could be a chance the breaker is defective.

I merged your two questions. Just enter all information in one question.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric central heat and air unit for upstairs [ 1 Answers ]

Is there another kind of electric central heat and air unit besides the heat pump? We have gas hook-up for our downstairs unit, but only electric upstairs. Not sure we want a heat pump. Is that our only option? Thanks

Air conditioner throwing the breaker [ 1 Answers ]

With the thermostat turned to OFF - when I reset my breaker to ON the air conditioner tries to start and all the lights dim and it throws the breaker. Had a technician in today and he at first said it was my breaker and than when I said that I had a cousin who could replace it - he said that he...

Trane ac electric heat unit trips breaker [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Trane A/C split unit with electric heat. Turn on the heat and it runs for 3-5 minutes then trips the 60 amp breaker. Removed the heat strip and inspected with no visible problems to the coils or connections. Wiring is #10 and looks to be in good shape. Where else can I look to resolve...

The air conditioner works fine. When put in to the heat mode the out door unit trips [ 2 Answers ]

The air conditioner works fine. When put in to the heat mode the out door unit trips outs on high head pressure but the indoor fan still blows. Why?

Air conditioning unit throwing the breaker [ 5 Answers ]

It has been really hot lately, and all of sudden our unit will trip the breaker outside, the fan will still run but on the unit. What should we check to see what the problem is? We sprayed it good to get all of airborn goodies from it. It comes back on when we flip the breaker. Thanks

View more questions Search