Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    t7075a Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2013, 08:32 PM
    One 240v 50amp run to a sub panel
    Hi,

I have a 240v ran for a hot tub. It has a 50amp breaker. I removed the hot tub, and would like to operate two devices ( Sauna heater and a on demand water heater) off that one line. Is it possible to run the original( hot tub line) to a sub panel, then have each 240v ( Sauna and heater) come off that sub panel?
    I will be getting a licensed electrician to do it, I just want to grasp what needs to be done first. Any opinions would be a great help.

Thanks!
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2013, 03:37 AM
    Task List:

#1. Hire electrician- Check

The electrician will determine what needs to be done, once he learns what each new device needs for power, and will determine if the 50 amp feeder is sufficient to handle the new load, and then determine if a subpanel is the best method to distribute the branch circuits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 5thwheel is 200ft away from panel what gauge and type of wire 120v 50amp [ 2 Answers ]

I need to supply my rv with ac power asap. I am on a budget and will have to live in the rv through the northdakota winter. I need a parts list that I can take and purchace items online. I can install most things, just need to do it right.

I have a 125 amp. Main panel.no space can I run small sub panel [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 125 amp. Bryant main panel that is maxed out with piggy back breakers. Can I feed a small amp. Panel off the main if I remove some breakers and put them into the sub panel , I need to run a 2 pole 30 amp. On the sub panel.

3 wire 240v to 4 wire 240v with 50amp gfci spa pack in between [ 1 Answers ]

I need the easiest yet still safe and legal way to hook up my hot tub. I have a 200 amp main service in the house which feeds a detached garage, which has its own small panel out there. I am wanting to use an existing 50 amp breaker(previously used for a welder) which has a 3 wire heavy gauge black...

View more questions Search