Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jaimelynn55 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2013, 01:59 PM
    Will I still have probation if I pay my fine off in court
    Another girl and I were arrested for possession of marijuana under an ounce.. it was way below and ounce and I was wondering when I go to court can I pay off the fine and avoid probation?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2013, 02:02 PM
    First you have to attend court and see what the Judge sentences you to. You may have a fine AND probation imposed.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2013, 02:04 PM
    Agree with Twinkie - and you probably will also have a criminal record, depending on your age and the State/Country.

I wouldn't proceed without an Attorney. I realize it's a small amount to you, but I don't know the Court's feelings on the subject in your area right now.
    jaimelynn55 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2013, 02:08 PM
    Well it was a 1/5 so like a 10 bag.. and since she didn't want to claim it we both went to jail. I just thought maybe I could pay off the fine to the court and maybe avoid probabtion.. or would I just have to go to the probation the first day and pay it off?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2013, 02:47 PM
    You'll do whatever the Judge orders - it could be probation and a fine. It could be either one. It could be nothing.

No, you can't do one day of probation, pay a fine and it's over.

This is why you need an Attorney. You don't understand how the system works.

You were arrested because your friend wouldn't admit it was hers? I'd find new friends.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 1, 2013, 05:42 PM
    What a shame. Where is this? Ask around for free legal help. Look for marijuana rights groups in your state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I pay my auto garage debt off before court date do I still have to attend court [ 1 Answers ]

I owe some dollars to my garage mechanic. I was paying every month but then the billing stopped so I thought it was paid off. It wasn't. Now they want to go to small claims court to get the money. I have the full amount of the debt right now so if I pay the debt off on 7/9/12 would I still have to...

I am disabled,on probation.do I have to pay court cost and fines [ 1 Answers ]

I become disabled while on probation.I can not work.do I have to pay my court cost and fines?

What options do I have if I'm on probation and can't pay court fines? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm on probation and my money is due soon and I probably won't be able to pay it off. I have a 6 month old daughter and one on the way, and was wondering if anyone knew how I could avoid going to jail and getting a court date instead? I will be in violation in a few months if I cannot pay it and I...

Debt Court Summons -- If I pay in full, can I avoid court? [ 5 Answers ]

I realize a lot of people post questions regarding debt summons and I've scrolled through the boards but I haven't found a clear answer to a few of my queries. Here's what happened: I was today presented (they slid it under my door) with a summons to appear in court. I'm being sued by Capital One...

What happens when the call- in Probation gets revoked for failer to pay/verify court [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I are currently on probation, we have been on call-in since about sept. we just received a letter stating that we were returned to regular supervision probation for failer to pay/verify court cost. Our payments were only suppose to be 20 a month and on the month of March I made a...

View more questions Search