Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rnieman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2013, 12:41 PM
    I received a 60 day notices to surrender possession of my apt I' on a month to month
    I received a 60 day notices to surrender possession of my apt, I'm on a month to month been there 5 years been month to month for the last year. Always pay rent on time do I have to pay the rent over the next 60 days as they gave me no reason for terminating of the month to month.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 1, 2013, 12:54 PM
    Yes you do, sorry. Be glad you live in a state that requires that they give you 60 days notice instead of 30 or even 15. Or that they did so anyway.
    Have you asked why you have to leave and if there is anything you can work out?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2013, 12:55 PM
    Yes, you have to pay rent. Why would you think you could live there free?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I was served a 3 day notice to pay rent or surrender possession. [ 3 Answers ]

I was served a 3 day notice to pay rent or surrender possession .does this mean I have 3days to move..

Landlord Requiring 2 month Vacating Notice on 3 month (month to month) lease [ 21 Answers ]

I am in a situation and am in need of some advice. I am currently renting an apartment in Minneapolis. I am doing an internship which only requires me to live here for 3 Months. I signed a lease with a complex on a month to month basis. I planned to Move out at the end of April, so on march 1 I...

Landlord Requireing 60 day notice to vacate on Month to Month Lease [ 5 Answers ]

I've lived in this apartment for 4 years. For the past year we have been going month to month, as we anticipated we might need to move out when we purchased a condo. Well, we got the condo, and now need to close in 1 month, yet the management in our apartment complex tells us we need to give...

Month to Month Contract (Security Deposit and 30 day Notice) [ 2 Answers ]

In the State of Ohio is it true the tenant has to give 30 days notice when they are moving out and the landord has to give 30 days notice when asking them to move out? If they do not give 30 days do they lose their security deposit?

View more questions Search