Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BryansAunt65 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2013, 12:19 PM
    Creditor Harassment
    I'm not sure if this is where this question would go but here goes.

I have a David's Bridal credit card that I've been trying to pay off. I owe less than $400 on it. I currently do not have the money to make a payment and told them I would as soon as I could when they called. They are now calling about every two hours. They were even calling my parents. I did call a lawyer I found through Google, but they told me that unless it's a third party creditor, they can't do anything according to New York law.

I wouldn't care so much if they were even just calling every day but every two hours is too much, when I have already told them I don't have the money right now.

How do I get them to stop calling so much?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2013, 12:54 PM
    I'm also in NY - I don't know what your Attorney was referencing. Tell them to stop calling you. If they continue to call, report them to the NYS Attorney General's Office. Keep in mind that if you refuse to take the calls it may force their hand and they may sue.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2013, 03:35 PM
    When they call again, simply tell them all contact with you shall be done in writing, and if the don't cease and desit you will file complaint with FTC and the Attorney General in your state. Make sure you get th of the person calling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a creditor [ 1 Answers ]

Can a creditor's lien be placed on my mortgage if the home is paid for with my va disability bebefits?

The creditor [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks to all that answered my question. Here is part two. I was unlocking my home door to go in and a man called my name and as I turned, he handed me this paper informing me that I have been sued by capitol one bank. I have a certain amount of time to respond either me or my lawyer of which...

View more questions Search