Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yklueup Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2013, 09:59 AM
    A Letter or ducument to apply vistor visa for university entrance/admission audition
    Dear Friends,

I have to apply the visitor visa back to the US for the music school audition. I must physically present in order to get scholarship. Hopefully, I can get the answer I need without paying a lot of money to attorney.

However, the immigration officers are not art/music major. They do not know why music students must show up the audition in order to get admission. Furthermore, one of their job is to ensure all aliens are not to the US to take advantages from financial resources.

Would you please give me some suggestions ? What information should my university advisory have to add ?

Many thanks
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Feb 1, 2013, 08:55 PM
    If you've never been denied entry, there should not be a problem. Request a letter from university explaining why you have to be there in person.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 1, 2013, 09:00 PM
    Yes a letter from the University inviting you to the audition, and a letter showing that you are required to attend.

If you are going for an audition and then returning home waiting to see if admitted to university, then you just need a tourist visa, not a one for education yet. Until accepted by the university

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

US Vistor Visa and US Embassy Interview [ 0 Answers ]

I have a non-relative friend that I met online who lives in Romania. I would like for him to come to the US for an extended visit. He will be applying for a tourist visa, but in reading up on the requirements, I am concerned about his prospects for approval. He is young (20's), owns a flat, so he...

I have got an admission from a university, how can I get a scholarship? [ 1 Answers ]

I have got an admission from a university, how can I get a scholarship?

With f1 status can I get admission after one year in another university? [ 1 Answers ]

I have f1 status but left university after 3 semester. University sent me letter for join till may' 2009 but didn't join. Now I want to continue my studies in another university. Is it possible for me?

Marriage to a person on a vistor visa [ 4 Answers ]

My friend I have known over 2 years came to the united states with her dauther and now her visa has expired. We wish to get married is this going to be a problem for her after we get married to get her a green card and legal status. I was married twice before to foreigners but they were long...

View more questions Search