Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flach2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2013, 11:29 PM
    There is a certain strange constellation of stars. It consists of seven stars in tota
    There is a certain strange constellation of stars. It consists of seven stars in total. There are six lines with exactly three stars per line. Draw the constellation.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 31, 2013, 09:12 AM
    Ok, I'll draw it for you.

Really... you post that homework here and you seriously think someone is just going to draw that for you? Let me take time out of my day to draw this constellation so you can turn in your homework. It doesn't sound too hard... try it.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 31, 2013, 09:33 AM
    This NOT an astronomy question, but rather a geometry puzzle. So don't go asking about any constellations that actually have these properties, as there aren't any. Instead sit down with pencil and paper and see if you can come up with an arrangement of points that satisfies the requirements. Hint - think about a triangle and points that bisect its edges.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stars we see in the sky [ 8 Answers ]

I recently found these forums and I really appreciate the knowledge that people share. I have been browsing the forums a few days, already learnt much and I am seeking for more :) - The stars we see in the sky belong to our galaxy? - Are all those stars suns of other solar systems? - Are there...

HOw many stars? [ 5 Answers ]

I didn't know where this question should go... But I was wondering how to go about finding out how many stars a hotel is rated..

Variable Stars [ 2 Answers ]

I have forgotten how scientists measure the distance to stars by studying nearby varible stars. Please explain.

Wandering Stars [ 3 Answers ]

Are all stars locked into galaxies or are there loose stars moving through space free to travel wherever they are heading?

View more questions Search