Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nuvia626 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2013, 08:19 PM
    2012 taxes
    Does my child qualify for EITC? He was born Sep, 22 2012. If so can I also file for Head of Household.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 30, 2013, 08:50 PM
    YES to BOTH questions.

You can claim your child for the FULL year if he is born ANYTIME in 2012.
    MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Jan 30, 2013, 10:32 PM
    For head of household you must be unmarried or did not live with your spouse for last six months of the year and have a qualifying dependent and pay more than half the cost of the household. Your U.S. Tax Return: Filing Status: Head of Household

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1B + H4 + Baby 2012 Taxes [ 5 Answers ]

Please help me with info on filing taxes and tax return. I came to the US on Aug 2011 as a student on F1 visa, my wife came with me as F2. After graduation in May 2012 I started working on OPT until October 1st when my H1B kicked in and my wife is H4 (she doesn't have SSN or ITIN yet). Also we...

Will I get the taxes back if I have resided in US for less than 183 days in 2012 ? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I came to US on 7/17/2012 on a L1B Visa and I have been working since then and US taxes are being cut from my salary each pay slip. As till Dec 2012 I will be staying less than 183 days, so will I get my paid taxes back? And if yes how and via what process? What do I need to do? Thanks

I started my period on 3 sep 2012 and today is the 20 sep 2012, is something wrong? [ 1 Answers ]

Well we are trying to get preggy but I'f been bleeding almost 3-4 week now, we heve been doing it and the bleeding is not the same as always but still to be bleeding this lang isn't normal.

Had no earnings in 2012 in NC, moved to a new state. Must I pay state taxes in origin [ 7 Answers ]

Had no earnings in 2012 in NC, moved to a new state. Must I pay state taxes in original state? I lived in NC for 1/2 the year in 2012. I still have a house that will soon be up for sale. I took most of the year off and had no earnings in North Carolina. I did pay property taxes of course. I ...

How do I find out if someone file me on their taxes this year 2012 [ 1 Answers ]

What will happen to the person? Can I do self employment?

View more questions Search