Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tyewayj Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2013, 01:38 PM
    I was involved in a car accident and I was hit in the rear. I have Tricare insurance
    I was involved in a car accident and I was hit in the rear. I have Tricare insurance and when I went to the hospital I explain that they needed to bill Famer's. Well the question I have is my insurance company paid the bill and Farmer's insurance went in and paid what I was bill. Do I have a legal leg to stand on when my insurance company paid the hospital and the hospital had a bill remaining of 3,000.00 that my insurance company said was written off by the hospital can I make Farmer's go in and pay the remaining balance to the hospital?

Jan 30, 2013, 01:39 PM
    I was involved in a car accident and I was hit in the rear. I have Tricare insurance and when I went to the hospital I explain that they needed to bill Famer's. Well the question I have is my insurance company paid the bill and Farmer's insurance went in and paid what I was bill. Do I have a legal leg to stand on when my insurance company paid the hospital and the hospital had a bill remaining of 3,000.00 that my insurance company said was written off by the hospital can I make Farmer's go in and pay the remaining balance to the hospital?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Jan 30, 2013, 01:45 PM
    When you are involved in an auto accident, you provide them your auto insurance information and advise the hospital and all the other parties who bill you for the accident (you can get several bills for one emergency room visit) that it was related to an auto accident.

If some bills were paid by your health insurance company, the health insurance company should be reimbursed by the auto insurance company.

If the accident was another party's fault, your auto insurance company will go after the other party's auto insurance company for payment of all of the bills.

If you are billed for copays, call whomever sent the bill and provide them your auto insurance information and clarify that it was an auto insurance claim and not a medical insurance claim.

You should not have to pay copays on auto accident related medical claims. If the wrong party has been billed, either have your auto insurance agent straighten it out, or call each billing party and correct their information so they can reimburse your medical insurance and bill your auto insurance.

Jan 30, 2013, 01:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dontknownuthin View Post
    When you are involved in an auto accident, you provide them your auto insurance information and advise the hospital and all the other parties who bill you for the accident (you can get several bills for one emergency room visit) that it was related to an auto accident.

If some bills were paid by your health insurance company, the health insurance company should be reimbursed by the auto insurance company.

If the accident was another party's fault, your auto insurance company will go after the other party's auto insurance company for payment of all of the bills.

If you are billed for copays, call whomever sent the bill and provide them your auto insurance information and clarify that it was an auto insurance claim and not a medical insurance claim.

You should not have to pay copays on auto accident related medical claims. If the wrong party has been billed, either have your auto insurance agent straighten it out, or call each billing party and correct their information so they can reimburse your medical insurance and bill your auto insurance.
    Thanks for the reply. Okay let me see if you can get the understanding as I am still trying to understand. When the accident occurred I got out of the truck the individual that hit me in the rear look at the back of my truck gave me his insurance information and left. I called the police and they stated that since no party was injuried to take each others information and I told the officer on the phone that the party inviovled gave me their information and left. I then inturned called my insurance company who ask if the vehicle was still driveable and take it to the repair shop in which I did. While at the repair shop the agent stated to let the other insurance pay for the damage in which I did mind you I was still inshock from being rear ended. When I got home I was in pain so the next day I went to the ER told them to bill Farmer's but instead they bill my provider TriCare. TriCare got the bill and paid it and inturn billed me what I had to paid and forward those bills to Farmer's. After going back and forth with my insurance and Farmer's. Farmer's reimburse(which Tricare has not seen the money yet) but the funds they reimburse was the cost that Tricare paid but what about the 4675.75 that is still due on the those bills. My insurance company stated that with them being bill and whatever the remainer amount is the hospital writes it off. You got to be kidding me so in other words since my insurance company went in and took care of portion of the bill the remaining portion is written off andf Farmer's basically only came out of pocket for 600.00. So will the hospital come back in and bill me for the remaining balance.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 2, 2013, 12:38 PM
    Where? YOUR auto insurance covers YOUR medical bills if you are in a no-fault State.

In a no-fault State the other dirver's insurance NEVER pays your medical bills.

Feb 5, 2013, 08:43 AM
    I live in Texas and let me explain further. I found out that TriCare went in and paid the bill where there was a reduction to them and in turn Farmer's insurance is suppose to go back in and pay TriCare back.
    So it all boils down to Farmer's insurance got away from paying over $4685.00 to only paying $ 682.00. At, first I thought it was insurance fraud and another lawyer said Farmer's can do that so I just left it alone.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 5, 2013, 08:49 AM
    Why are you concerned with what anyone has to pay for your medical treatment as long as you don't have to pay for it?

What am I missing?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I was involved in an auto accident with two pssenger, the other driver hit me [ 8 Answers ]

I was involved an auto accident with two passenger, the other driver was at fault, and is now saying I did not have passengers in my car - help

Determining accident fault? -my parked car involved in multi car parking lot accident [ 15 Answers ]

What happens in a parking lot accident scenario: Car 1 driving (fast) hits Car 2 that is backing out of the parking lot. Car 2 because of the impact now hits Car 3 and Car 4 which were parked to Car 2s' left and right respectively. I have Car 5 and was parked to Car 3's left. My car (Car 5)...

Involved in a car accident, no insurance, no license [ 16 Answers ]

Yesterday I was involved in a car accident. The accident was not my fault, the lady has already agreed it was hers. However, I have a suspended license and no car insurance. She only has liability... does anyone know if her insurance will cover my damages? My car has been totaled and so is hers.

Car Accident- No police, no insurance claim- hounded by other individual involved [ 4 Answers ]

I was involved in a fender bender about 2 months ago. The police were not called and insurance info was not exchanged. Names were exchanged and a verbal discussion took place about paying the expenses to fix her vehicle. Even though I feel that it was both our faults I didn't want to argue with her...

View more questions Search