Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smfrancis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2013, 11:12 AM
    Please Help confused on what I need to do to get off probation...
    If your on probation and pay you fines but not your Public Defender fee can they refuse you to be taken off probation when your time's up? Another question If your convicted of a 1st time offense felony does it automatically get expunged or do you have to file? I live in Louisiana.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 30, 2013, 11:19 AM
    The rest I can't answer for you but felonies don't automatically get expunged.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2013, 01:53 PM
    Your probation may not be terminated if you still have any outstanding fees still owing to the Court.. The Judge always signs off any probation whether it be early or on time. He may decide not to let you terminate unless your costs are paid. How much do you still owe?

You will need to get the felony expunged only after being felony free for so many years. Consult an attorney in your area for the requirements of the expungements in Louisiana.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of probation- didn't pee but signed failed for hydrocodone to probation [ 10 Answers ]

misdemeanor probation violation one was dismissed I was released 6/10 /10 I violated for a random drug screen by admitting I wouldn't pass probby didn't make me pee but had to sign waiver, he felt bad I was falling apart I'm on felony agg. Battery charges brought to simple battery on probation for...

Probation revocation process began after offender release date from probation [ 10 Answers ]

My fiancé was sentenced to 5 years probation in 2003. The day before his probation was over Sep. 2nd his P.O. placed him on a probation hold saying that he was in a bar the prior weekend. His 5 year release date from probation was Sep. 3 2008. On Sep 3 his P.O. brought him police reports...

Late period, pregnancy,confused confused [ 2 Answers ]

On 1st Aug 09, I had a very painful period which came 12days late.Before the period came, I had unusually swollen breasts,cramping consistently, consistent headache and nausea. I have been trying for a baby in the last 12months.I have never used any pill, nor gotten pregnant before. My period is...

Confused about terms and conditions of probation [ 2 Answers ]

I get random drug tests for treatment in lieu of a conviction for prescription fraud. Yesterday I asked... could I have a drink of wine on occasion, if it there is no restriction of alcohol in my terms and conditions. I went for my random drug test and found out they test for ethanol... is that...

View more questions Search