Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chaprnks Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2013, 09:04 AM
    Western Digital WD2500JS + WD2500KS (Mirror Raid Question)
    I currently have a WD2500JS in a mirror RAID and I wish to replace the secondary HDD. I know that I cannot have two completely different HDD's in mirror RAID; but are these two compatible?

Currently:
    WD2500JS (8MB Cache; 7200 RPM)

Adding:
    WD2500KS (16MB Cache; 7200 RPM)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 30, 2013, 09:06 AM
    Difference refers to capacity.

Jan 30, 2013, 09:07 AM
    Since these are at the same RPM; and the secondary is at least the same cache as the first (or greater in this case).. Will these correctly support the mirror RAID?

Jan 30, 2013, 09:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Difference refers to capacity.
    Since these are at the same RPM; and the secondary is at least the same cache as the first (or greater in this case).. Will these correctly support the mirror RAID?

(sorry; forgot to quote)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dropped my Western Digital passport HD and it won't work! [ 13 Answers ]

Accidentally dropped my WD passport ext drive, and while it spins and lights, it takes my laptop a while to see it, but then cnnot open the drive to access it. Please help, as it has all of my iTunes music on it! Thanks!

Cannot run RAID and Non-RAID HD at the same time. [ 1 Answers ]

My current system was running on 2 X 320GB SATA RAID 0, I would like to add 1 more Harddisk to backup my files, how to do that? Is it possible to run RAID and Non-RAID (normal SATA single drive) at the same time? help. Thanks. ekang

"Western Digital WD800BB-22HEA0" doesn't boot [ 4 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have a problem with my HDD. It is a Western Digital WD800BB-22HEA0 (80 GB) It seems like its not working properly, sometimes it boots normally but sometimes it doesn't, and when it doesn't a black screen comes up saying, insert proper boot device and reboot (the bios doesn't...

Software RAID configuration is helpful compared to hardware RAID in any of the cases? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Software RAID configuration (Dynamic Disk) is helpful compared to hardware RAID in any of the cases? I haven't seen Software RAID until now. Just wanted to know the pros and cons regarding this. Thanks in advance, Vathsa

View more questions Search