Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kipmogren Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 05:46 PM
    Bride Chooses to Walk Down the Aisle Alone
    I am the father of a 25 year old bride-to-be, who is getting married in the fall of 2007. She has chosen to walk down the aisle alone. This scenario seems very weird to me. I know that day will be hers and I wouldn't want to spoil it in any way. Is this a common custom? Am I overreacting?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 17, 2007, 06:39 PM
    Yes it is very common, I would say 90 percent of the weddings I do the bride walks alone, the father is sitting on the front pew and merely walks up to join his daughter after she gets up to the front
    EnglishRose Posts: 279, Reputation: 49

Mar 19, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Does she have a steph father too?
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Mar 19, 2007, 12:07 PM
    For some more (dare I say?) "modern" women, the idea of being given away is too reflective of being handled as the property they once actually were. So that whole part of the ceremony is left out. I was like this and explained to my dad so that no hurt feelings occurred. I think he disapproved but he was like that about many aspects of my life. It was also helped out by the fact that my dad was not paying for the wedding either--we paid for it ourselves. I was happy to invite him as a guest like anyone else in my family.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bride dress. [ 9 Answers ]

Please my friend is getting married,and I would like you to give me all the sites that are available for a bride dress.Thanks.

Giving the bride away [ 7 Answers ]

My stepadaughter is getting married in September of 2007. She wants her real dad and myself to give her away. I do not feel this is appropriate, and quite frankly, I don't want to do it. I am not her real father, and he will be in attendance. Is it OK to have 2 people give the bride away in this...

Adoption chooses boy or girl? [ 1 Answers ]

hi as some of you know me and my husband are just about to start the adoption process we have our first group meeting on the 20th we can't wait does anyone know how long the whole process will take us we live in nottingham in the uk and are desperate for a child to be part of our family also do...

Not so blushing bride [ 6 Answers ]

I am so over this. I just don't want to get married anymore... I mean, I want to BE married to my man, but just skip the wedding part... My soon-to-be mother-in-law is behaving somewhat oddly... After a phone conversation in which she first instructed me to write wedding invitations in a...

Computer reboots whenever it chooses! [ 5 Answers ]

My computer has Windows ME. It has a mind of its own. It shuts down and reboots whenever it decides to. I have reloaded Windows ME. What else should I do?

View more questions Search