Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    qtpibrina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2013, 02:26 PM
    Pot pipe
    OK fiancé got arrest cause of a noise complaint... welll when the cops showed up through the window he sees a pot pipe.. was arrested... bailed out paid 100% cash we had just sold the house cause we were moving well we are here now actually the very next day three states away of course he didn't go to court could not afford to fly to Florida after buying house . Fta warrant was issued ? What do we do?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2013, 02:29 PM
    Hello q:

What do you do? Go back. What? You think this is going to go away?? It AIN'T.

excon
    marq123 Posts: 47, Reputation: 5

Jan 29, 2013, 04:26 PM
    If I were you I would have called them to see if you could attend court via phone but now you should call the court and see if they have any suggestions...
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2013, 04:53 PM
    Hello m:

Welcome to this board... We need all the help we can get..

But, your advice NEEDS to be accurate. We're dealing with peoples lives here. The court won't give legal advice, and if they did, I wouldn't follow it..

excon

Jan 29, 2013, 05:27 PM
    Okay well if that doesn't work then get some legal advice from a lawyer... most lawyers will give a free half hour
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2013, 05:29 PM
    The court does not give suggestions in criminal cases, that is why people hire lawyers.

But the warrant will remain for the rest of his life, till he is caught, he will not get jobs, can't renew drivers license and more.

And of course he does not move off till it is over what was he thinking ( or not thinking)
    He goes back, turns his self in, ( he has now lost all of the bail money that would have been returned or applied to fine) so now he goes back, most likely serves short time in jail and pays a large fine.
    But guess what, now on probation most likely and will have to say there till it is arranged for it to be moved to new state
    Uber Member

Jan 29, 2013, 06:59 PM
    Hello again, m:

There you go. That's GOOD advice.

excon
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 29, 2013, 08:45 PM
    Contact an attorney in the Florida county where the warrant was issued. See if he or she can work out some sort of a deal for you.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2013, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by marq123 View Post
    Okay well if that doesn't work then get some legal advice from a lawyer... most lawyers will give a free half hour
    Not criminal attorneys... sorry... only personal injury attorneys give FREE advice.

Feb 1, 2013, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Not criminal attorneys.....sorry....only personal injury attorneys give FREE advice.
    I disagree with you, I understand that all states are different however for example in a state like Washington, there are at least 36 different areas of law where lawyers offer a free 1/2 hour consultation. All states are different and depending on income the bar association for that state or county will give you a referral. Depending on income they sometimes charge a low fee for the referral but then again that depends on what state you are in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pot is UA test [ 2 Answers ]

If I have been a moderate smoker and haven't smoked for 45 days... what is the likelihood I will still get a positive UA test? Also based on your experience if they are doing an EtG test for alcohol are they also checking for mairjuana? The test only cost me $8... what can they possibly check for...

My pot level 67% in system when did I smoke pot last? [ 2 Answers ]

I smoked pot, and after about sixty days plus, my urine tested high, they said at 67%, I have NOT smoke during the sixty days plus, can the tch still be in my system or longer? I smoked pretty much everyday. Thank you

Pot [ 5 Answers ]

The issue at hand deals with my younger brother - he's 18 and has been smoking pot for a year or two. He's still in "high school" - he now attends a school in which problem kids and pregnant students go because he refused to even attempt school work - however, he's the top student in his class at...

Pot use [ 18 Answers ]

I have a question about drug testing pregnant women for pot.I am 24 week pregnant and have been around pot smoke. I also used once for Nausea . I was looking online after the fact and saw that they drug test pregnant women and there babies once born but could not find many specfics on it. I need to...

Crock pot [ 3 Answers ]

I'm about to cook a pot roast in my 6qt crock pot. It's call a "Crock Watcher". It has an auto function besides low and high. I lost the book on this and wondered if anyone was fimiliar with this pot, and if was OK if I left it on 'auto' overnight, then swith to low in the morning till dinner time.

View more questions Search