Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MARNIE1246 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2013, 01:46 PM
    Need to lose weight with ms and copd
    I need to loose about 100 lbs. But I have ms as well as copd. I can't stand myself anymore. I know I would look better as well as feel better if I could. I have become so depressed over this. Believe it or not no dr. Has told me to loose this weight,but never in my life have I ever ever been this big. Is there something you can suggest. I am 62 yrs. Old. Have had rrms for approx.6 yrs. have good mobility, use oxygen on occasion ie/at sleep, some walk,climbing stairs. Thanks for anything you could help me with. Mary
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 29, 2013, 02:03 PM
    Marnie, probably no doctor has ever suggested you lose weight because of your two serious conditions. Multiple Sclerosis needs all the muscle tissue you can keep, so dieting isn't really an option. However, any physical acitivity you can manage is a good idea. As for the Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, working out is not an option either.

Can you give me an idea of your dietary intake throughout the day and we can maybe go from there.
    aquatika Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2014, 10:15 AM
    Let me say you have a lot of courage!
    It is never easy for anyone to ask for help.
    There are a few things that you can do for yourself here.
    First, you can start a food journal. Here you write down everything you in a day.
    This will help in seeing how you eat and when you eat.
    Next, it would be great for you to learn breathing techniques.
    What I mean is we need to teach your body how to breathe better.
    Humans, have a habit of breathing with only the upper chest, so this makes the breath sallow.
    Fitness wise, I suggest yoga.
    It is slow and very gentle, I know because, I suffer form fibromyalgia and have had the illness for the last 15 years.
    This is what has help me to get out of bed till this day.
    There are DVD's for more mature ladies as ourselves.
    Also, not to brag but, now I am a teacher.

I wish the best of luck to you, because you have the courage to fight.
    God Bless and Good Luck!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 11, 2014, 10:32 AM
    If you are in the US, check with your county regarding senior services that might include at-home health-care possibilities.

I have some mobility problems and found that yoga (even while sitting) and upper & lower body strength-building exercises help a lot. And avoiding flour-based products (plus sugars and corn syrups) will help you lose weight. Yes, definitely keep a daily food diary!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I am 16 and I am over weight I weight 216 pounds what can I do to lose weight [ 3 Answers ]

I am 16 and I weigh 216 pounds I want to lose weight I cut down on my junk food and on my sodas and juices I exercise about once a week because I am to busy doing homework but it seems not to work I can't lose weight even if I cut down on all my junk food I need help I want to lose a least 60...

How much good fats can I eat a day in order to keep my weight or lose weight? [ 2 Answers ]

I lost 4kg with a 21 day sugar/carb free diet to break my sugar addiction. After that I've kept really healthy and off sugar and carbs but sometimes I get so hungry like today, I ate 250gr of nuts which have 1200 kcal plus 5 tablespoons full of coconut oil plus 1 1/2 avocados, eggs, chicken and...

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

Help me lose weight [ 6 Answers ]

I'm 12(soon tobe 13 in 25 days) and I'm about 5,4 tall and I weight 152 pounds I'm in year 8 but I'm changing schools soon and at the moment I already get called fat and names about my weight and I just don't want that to happen in my new school and plus the school I'm going to is much bigger then...

I need 2 lose weight! [ 3 Answers ]

Hiya I'm 13 and about 5'3 and weigh 9stone I ve always bin quite curvy but reciently I've noticed that I'm getting a bit too curvy if you know what I mean please help me!! I really want 22 lose some weight and fast except I can't do all than faffing about with my dinner because my mum will think...

View more questions Search