Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gstar12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2013, 04:03 AM
    Too far to travel at a young age
    Me and my 3 year old are living in Ireland now after me and her father spilt in nov. His parents arrive to take her over for a weeks break soon to see her father in England. The traveling for a young child who has been through a major change new home, nursery, lost of friends etc truly has me concerned.
    She has just settled in and now has to fly back over,I feel that my daughter going will disrupt her routine and cause distress to her. She has slept next to me since sept now and I'm very wary of how she will react to the whole suitation. Is it possible that he would have to come over here to have contact?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 29, 2013, 04:18 AM
    This has to be decided in court. But frankly, I don't see a court agreeing with you, unless a reputable psychologist agrees with you. Was your split legalized in the courts?

Children are a lot more resilient then you think. A 3 yr old should be able to process that she is going on a trip to see daddy and her grandparents.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 29, 2013, 05:43 AM
    I think seeing her father is very right and fair, and kids have been traveling to see another parent for years. And Ireland to England is not a very large trip compared to many in the US.

I would say that you need to accept the child needs and will see the other parent and make it a good experience not talking negative about it.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jan 29, 2013, 05:50 AM
    She will have a great time. Don't let your issues get in the way of that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to be famous at a young age [ 4 Answers ]

Well I really Want to be famous I'm a brilliant singer all my friends say so and so does my family!! I was Watching Justin Bieber Never Say Never :) I love him so much and I thought that if I become a famous singer there might me a slight chance of having the oppurtunity to sing with him which is...

Marriage at a young age? [ 11 Answers ]

What do you guys think on marriage young? 18.

Young age masturbation [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 33yr old mother. My son who is just 7, has already started masturbating regularly. He does it at home and since last 6 months has been doing it at school too. His class teachers have complained to me a number of times catching him in the act. I have spoken to him many times and told him that...

View more questions Search