Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sherdman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2013, 11:00 PM
    Will cough syrup cause me to fail my EtG test
    If I took cough suryp at 8 am and did a urine test for a EtG test will I fail it?
    marq123 Posts: 47, Reputation: 5

Jan 29, 2013, 07:21 PM
    If the cough syrup contains alcohol then the answer would be yes! You should always look at the ingredients in the cough syrup. EtG tests are very sensitive!
    marq123 Posts: 47, Reputation: 5

Jan 29, 2013, 07:22 PM
    It also depends on how long after you drank the cough syrup you took the test.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2013, 01:49 PM
    Possibly it can make you fail. Read the label for the ingredients carefully.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I fail my ETG test? [ 3 Answers ]

Sunday night at 8:00 I had about 1 1/2 shot of 40% Jim Beam I wasn't even tipsy. I took an ETG test on Monday at about 4:30 I weigh 250 I'm 6'2 I'm really worried if I'm going to pass or not. I did a BAC calculator and it said my BAC was .02 or .01 and said "not impaired" Please help me! Thanks...

Will I fail EtG test if I had one beer [ 1 Answers ]

I had one 7oz beer at 8pm on Monday. I will have an EtG alcohol urine test on Wednesday from anywhere from 11am to 1pm. Will I fail or pass? Calculations indicate that is about 38 hours.

Drank normal amount of codeine cough syrup. Drug test! Please help [ 1 Answers ]

Drank normal amount of cough syrup for one dose. Did not realize that this cough syrup had codeine in it and have to take a test for parole in about 10 days. Will I show up clean?

Can you fail an EtG test after 80 hours? [ 0 Answers ]

Was wondering if anyone has failed an EtG test after 80 hours?

EtG test accuracy if taking cough syrup (NyQuil)? [ 26 Answers ]

I took an ETG test this morning and I've been taking NyQuil because of an aweful cold for the past week (nighttime with 10% alcohol). I showed the bottle to the tester... But I'm still scared. Anyone know if I should relax... I have to wait all weekend...

View more questions Search