Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RebeccaReaume Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2013, 09:03 AM
    How do I turn off a urinal...
    I have a urinal in my home and it won't stop running... I can't find shut offs...
    samcreed Posts: 132, Reputation: 18
    -

Jan 28, 2013, 09:09 AM
    I have stopped a urinal from running water before by "lightly" tapping it with a wrench or a hammer. I did say Lightly. Sometimes the valve sticks, located near the handle that starts the water flowing.
    If that doesn't work, your home should have a major water cut-off valve somewhere, that cuts off all the water to your home. Then, call a plummer. If you can't see the cup-off valve to your urinal, it might be under the house, or it might not even have one. Good luck.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jan 28, 2013, 09:42 AM
    OUCH! As well intentioned as I'm sure you are, Sam, that is pretty weak advice there, especially seeing how you are posting that on the PLUMBING PAGE!

Let's see if I can help here, Rebecca. If you look at a urinal flushometer valve (see image) there is a rounded cover that hides a shutoff. Here, unscrew the cover counterclockwise (or pop the cover forward using a slotted screwdriver if you have that kind of cover) and you should find a slotted shutoff screw head. Turn that screw to the right to shut off the water supply.

Now, if your urinal is running, you'll need to have someone remove the dome cover on top to access the diaphragm (see image) and clean the orifice or replace the diaphragm altogether to stop the constant runningwater!

Questions? Let me know, OK?

Mark
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

4 * urinal bowls [ 2 Answers ]

Im working in a pub (UK) and they are having probs with drainage. I no what the prob is as it goes from bottle trap to 32mm couple of bends then into a 50mm pipe that serves all four. From there a 90* thro wall then into an external 40mm pipe. Obviously the external 40mm is most of the prob, but...

The Urinal Is Too High [ 8 Answers ]

A group of 2nd, 3rd and 4th graders, accompanied by two Female teachers, went on a field trip to the local racetrack (Churchill Downs) to learn about thoroughbred horses. When it was time to take the children to the bathroom it was Decided that the girls would go with one...

Urinal valves [ 2 Answers ]

How urinal valve works?

Connecting a urinal [ 2 Answers ]

I am planning on getting a urinal with a 2" NPS spud on the back for the waste line. What will I need to connect this to a 2" stub coming from the wall? Seems like this would be a tight connection to make between the urinal and wall.

View more questions Search