Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oklahomagirl25 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2013, 08:15 AM
    Had protected sex 6 days before expected period, now I am 3 days late.
    I had sex 6 days before the start of my expected period. We did use a condom to be safe. However, now I am 3 days late. Normally, I am never late. And I am almost positive I have a regular 28 day cycle. Help?
    deedee78 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2013, 08:52 PM
    I would do a test to get your answer. If you have a regular 28 day cycle you most probably did not get pregnant 6days before your period was due. Your best chance of conceiving is between 9 and 14 days before your period is due this is when you're most fertile Did you have unprotected sex then possibly?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 30, 2013, 08:55 PM
    Give it time... anything could cause you to be a few days late. If you miss your next period, take a test. Right now a test would be too soon and would not be accurate.
    deedee78 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2013, 08:58 PM
    Sorry should be 9 to 14 days after period

Jan 30, 2013, 11:33 PM
    No, we always use protection. Today I am 6 days late. I took a test yesterday and it came back negative. But now I'm having brown mucus.. Which I've read is a pregnancy sign..

Jan 30, 2013, 11:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee78 View Post
    I would do a test to get your answer. if you have a regular 28 day cycle you most probably did not get pregnant 6days before your period was due. Your best chance of conceiving is between 9 and 14 days before your period is due this is when you're most fertile Did you have unprotected sex then possibly?

No, we always use protection. Today I am 6 days late. I took a test yesterday and it came back negative. But now I'm having brown mucus.. Which I've read is a pregnancy sign..
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jan 31, 2013, 08:59 AM
    As I said earlier... testing now is too soon to get an accurate result. Wait until you miss the next scheduled period, then test.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2013, 12:19 PM
    The only 100% guaranteed birth control is abstinence. If you had sex, protected or unprotected, you could be pregnant.

Ask your Pharmacist to recommend a HPT, see what he/she says about the timing.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2013, 12:19 PM
    The only 100% guaranteed birth control is abstinence. If you had sex, protected or unprotected, you could be pregnant.

Ask your Pharmacist to recommend a HPT, see what he/she says about the timing.

Condoms are definitely not 100%; I read recently - WEB MD - that they are in the 80% range. A lot depends on when the male puts the condom on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had protected sex but my period is eight days late! [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I had protected sex last month, December 25th. He pulled out and noticed that there was a hole, but he was not close to at all. My period was due on the 29th and today is January 7th, but it's still not here making it eight days late. Is there any way I am possibly pregnant even...

Had sex 5 days before expected period now am 2 days late.. Could I be pregnant? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a question as well I had sex 5 days before my expected period, I am now 2 days late, is this possible to be pregnant? I also am unsure because I have a didelphis uterus and am very unsure when I ovulate do to having not one but two uterus! I've been pregnant before so it's super hard to know...

View more questions Search