Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Miricale 123 Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2013, 07:43 AM
    New Love Interest
    Im currently married but have been having issues and actually in the process of separating. I have found a new love interest and Im looking to pursue it but Im not sure if it the right thing to do since Im legally married. This new woman has a lot of characteristics that are attractive physically and mentally. She's also interested in me. What should I do in this case?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2013, 07:47 AM
    Make sure you are legally separated.

Make sure you have addressed the issues from your side that caused your marriage to fail.

And then have fun!
    Miricale 123 Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2013, 08:44 AM
    Should I inform the new girl that Im legally separated or is that none of her concern? Do you think this will scare her away?
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2013, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miricale 123 View Post
    Should I inform the new girl that Im legally separated or is that none of her concern? Do you think this will scare her away?
    You haven't had this conversation yet? If not then I am guessing the title of your post should be "New Almost Love Interest" huh?

I believe in true and open communication. If she is scared away by that, then what would she do if you had really big news?
    samcreed Posts: 132, Reputation: 18
    -

Jan 28, 2013, 09:00 AM
    Please be sure that you are legally separated before seeing her. Otherwise, your soon-to-be ex-wife could hold it against you in a court, if she wanted.
    I don't think it wrong for you to be seeing anyone, if you are going to separate, but for your own sake, please wait until all separation papers are signed. Then, and only then, are you "free" to do as you wish. Good luck, and sorry to hear about your marriage. I was divorced, too, and you will get over it eventually and carry on with your life.

PS: YES, be sure to tell your new girlfriend that you are married, are separated. Be sure to have an honest and respectful relationship, and keep everything out in the open. If not, you might not have much of a chance with this new girl/woman.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jan 28, 2013, 01:01 PM
    Get yourself separated and make sure you have dealt with all your issues before you jump into a relationship

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New love interest? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi guys just a quickie. There is this chick who I met through a friend a few months ago. We had a nice time and were just very friendly with each other. Anyway, recently we have been chatting a lot on fb and are getting to know each other on a deeper level. She´s starting to open up to me talking...

Love interest [ 4 Answers ]

HI. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN DISCREETLY HAVE A FEMALE FRIEND TO TELL MY FOLKS THAT SHE IS 100% OVER HER EX. For the past while I have been exchanging calls and texts with a pretty female coworker at my previous bank job. I have recently switched branches. We are technically "friends" but with some...

Potential love interest or is he? [ 11 Answers ]

Not sure if I am posting to the right categorie, since it's my first time.. Here goes, I met this guy Jason at work. He was going through an expected divorce. We became friends, just hung out went to dinner, movies, etc. I was just a very supportive friend with no romantic feelings involved,...

Prison film with love interest [ 1 Answers ]

:) please can any help I saw a great film years ago and have been looking for it ever since. It was set in a male prison. A female dentist comes in to treat the inmates and falls in love with one. Then goes on to help his appeal. He was in because he killed his wife but says he returned...

Love interest [ 5 Answers ]

I had a girlfriend 3 years but we broke up since then I had some non serious relationship but to no avail I'm thinking to myself is it me or the rigfht card are not in place to have a serious relationship and also I'm use to fantasize on girl that I know and are quite beauty like I could have a...

View more questions Search