Jan 27, 2013, 08:09 PM
    vivid memories from the past, some times hard to tell from present
    spirit1243 Posts: 68, Reputation: -3

Jan 27, 2013, 08:47 PM
    vivid ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 08:49 PM
    War veterans have flashbacks -- suddenly remembering bits and pieces of when they were fighting or on hazardous duty. Firemen and police also may have flashbacks.

Jan 27, 2013, 08:57 PM
    So you saying that you remember things pieces by pieces, is it like remembering something .
    Cause my uncle got wasted after the pub and started beating people up at my dead mama's house.
    So I remember the hole story, but still, is that called flash backs!
    Something horrible.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit1243 View Post
    So you saying that you remember things pieces by pieces, is it like remembering something .
    Cause my uncle got wasted after the pub and started beating people up at my dead mama's house.
    So I remember the hole story, but still, is that called flash backs!
    Something horrible.
    Did you watch the beating? How old are you, and how long ago was this beating?

Hole or whole?

Jan 27, 2013, 09:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Did you watch the beating? How old are you, and how long ago was this beating?

hole or whole?
    Yea it was horrible, hole and whole?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 09:05 PM
    It is more than just a memory, it would be reliving the event.

You would be confused that it is not currently happening.

Flashback, the war vet hears a firecracker, all of a sudden he flashes back to the army and for a moment things he is still fighting.

My dad saw a Japanese man once, he fought hand to hand in the jungle against Japanese. He had a flashback and attacked the Japanese man because he believed he was back in the jungle.

In a flash back, you will no longer know you are in the present, you will think you are living the past event again
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 09:06 PM
    Hole or whole,

You wrote "hole story" the story has a hole in it, something missing ?

Or
    Whole story, the complete story

Jan 27, 2013, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    It is more than just a memory, it would be reliving the event.

You would be confused that it is not currently happening.

Flashback, the war vet hears a firecracker, all of a sudden he flashes back to the army and for a moment things he is still fighting.

My dad saw a Japanese man once, he fought hand to hand in the jungle against Japanese. he had a flashback and attacked the Japanese man because he believed he was back in the jungle.

in a flash back, you will no longer know you are in the present, you will think you are living the past event again
    Sometimes I do think about that am still there, it feels like am still in the past when I keep remembering them in my dreams, during the days and that.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit1243 View Post
    Sometimes I do think about that am still there, it feels like am still in the past when I keep remembering them in my dreams, during the days and that.
    It sounds like you are simply remembering, and not a flashback.
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Jan 28, 2013, 07:58 AM
    I have had flashbacks to my first marriage. When it happens I am back in the situation. My mind tells me it is what is happening at that exact time. The feelings, fears and pain are all there. I can not interact with people who are around me as the person they are. I think they are someone from that incident. It is more than a memory. It is like you are teleported back to the past and have never left the situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My father died in front of me, how do I stop the flashbacks and nightmares? [ 21 Answers ]

I am a 28 year old EMT and 3 months ago my father passed away from a two year battle with throat cancer. To make matters worse he died right in front of me. Since his death I have been experiencing constant flashbacks and nightmares of that day. My father did have a signed DNR and was in Hospice. ...

Flashbacks [ 6 Answers ]

When I tried to forget my flashback that something bad happen ages ago will you feel sick inside and go mentle when you go back to that area where it happen.

Flashbacks and dreams of my past [ 1 Answers ]

so when I was younger, I think I was like 8 or 9. I watched my dad be arrested,the police pointed their guns at my dad while he was holdong my hand and when my dad saw the gun he grabbed me and put me in front of him as if he was using me as a shield I was traumatized, for a little while,as any...

Flashbacks of a Rape [ 5 Answers ]

K I'm 15 right now and like 2 years ago I was raped at a party and I was on a quite a few things that night so I didn't even really remember how it happened or anything but like 2 weeks ago my boyfriend Trevor came over to my house while my parents weren't home and we went as far as him about to go...

View more questions Search