Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ppinfish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2013, 07:11 PM
    Minimum observation number for a 50% chance of observing a value at 0.999 of the cdf
    How many observations are needed to have a 50% chance of including at least 1 observation that equals or exceeds the value at 0.999 (or other level) of the cumulative distribution from which the observations are drawn? And does the shape of the cdf matter?

Using a random number scheme, I get about 694 observations required for a 50% chance at 0.999, but there should be an exact solution.

Thanks

Check out some similar questions!

Are there a minimum number of officers required to serve on a 16 unit condominium boa [ 2 Answers ]

Are there a minimum number of officers required to serve on a 16 unit condominium board (e.g. a president, a secretary, and a treasurer) and if so, is it legal in NJ for one board member to serve in all capacities with no other association members on the board?

Error 999 [ 1 Answers ]

I am a Premium Plus account holder on Yahoo's Geocities. I use the account to host my website. For the last 3 weeks, I have been getting an Error 999 message, which I have tried every solution given to me by Yahoo's HELP suggestions, nothing works. I have even logged in on several different...

Observing Phase Changes [ 1 Answers ]

Can both liquid and steam exist at 100 degree C? What must be changed-temperature or heat energy-during condensation?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.