Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gypsy_1978_2020 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2013, 04:09 PM
    Dependable 92 gmpn100-4 ignitor doesn't glow
    Furnace model gmpn100-4 fan kicks on for about 2 min. but ignition won't glow and furnace won't light then it shuts down and does nothing
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2013, 06:45 AM
    If you have a multi tester you could unhook the lead wire that goes to the igniter and test at the start up time to see if there is power going to /or trying to start the igniter/glow-plug, if so, probably the igniner is bad. Most of the time when igniter is bad you will see a grayish-white spot on igniter indicating a broken spot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bryant 80T will not heat. Hot surface ignitor does not glow. What's wrong? [ 1 Answers ]

Bryant 80T will not heat but the blower runs. The Hot surface ignitor does not glow red and there are no wires running to the Flame Rollout Switche. How do I solve this problem and get some heat?

Blower works but ignitor won't glow [ 1 Answers ]

Changed the ignitor and thermostat on a goodman furnace. The fuse is good and the indicator light says that everything is normal. Should I start with the control board first?

Picture of ignitor & location of ignitor [ 1 Answers ]

What is the location for an ignitor on an amana furnace model # guc070c30c?

Furnace ignitor doesn't glow [ 0 Answers ]

When the stat calls for heat the blower runs for a while then shuts down, then the inducer runs for a while then shuts down, at no time does the ignitor glow. I put a meter on the wires going to the ignitor and found no power during the start up sequence. Also error code 32 flashes.

No Ignitor Glow [ 8 Answers ]

Not sure the brand.. When I have the thermostat call for heat the vent blower and the blower both come on and there is no glow.. I have tested and bypassed the limit switches and that doesn't fix the problem. Now the diagnoses light flashes 4 times which is supposed to mean that there is an open...

View more questions Search