Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

Jan 27, 2013, 01:39 PM
    Washer drains but does not do final spin wssh300g0w ge
    Hi everyone, My front end washer just stared doing this yesterday. It will do everything except the final spin. When it is on the final spin the drain motor is running and making noise. Does the drain motor control the final spin mode? Do you think getting a new motor unit would solve this problem? Thanks.
    jduke44 Posts: 407, Reputation: 44

Jan 28, 2013, 10:52 AM
    I put the model# in the subject line. Sorry, I should have made that more clear. I am having someone come look at it tonight since there seems to be conflicting answers as to what it could be on the internet. I was going to replace the drain pump because it sounds like that's where the noise is coming from but I don't want to be replacing parts just to have it costs me more money.

Thanks for your help.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jan 28, 2013, 01:35 PM
    It could also just be the coupling on the motor shaft. You can replace the motor and still not fix it. Read the manuals first and test what could be bad. Look at this: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8010163/GE%...%20Manuals.zip

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore washer model 45192 WHY NO FINAL SPIN? [ 1 Answers ]

I just tried washing a load and until the final 14 minutes all goes as expected - then no final spin to dry the clothes?? Who knows why that would happen... My husband just used it a couple days ago and it was fine. Thanks. Rose

My whirlpool washer works fine, just does not spin on the final spin [ 0 Answers ]

By the final spin, it will not spin, though it makes noise like it is, but the clothes are still very wet. Sometimes it does spin though. Seems like it's moody.

Frigidaire Washer won't do final spin cycle [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My Frigidaire Washer (Model #LTF2940EE0) goes through all the wash cycles just fine except for the final spin cycle. The clothes are soaking wet! I purchased it just barely two years ago. I've looked online at other postings and I'm not sure if it's the motor or the sensor board. ...

Kenmore Front loading washer no final spin [ 0 Answers ]

Model number 417.44082400 Washer does everything but final spin on both wash and rinse cycles. It slow spins to wash and drains water.

View more questions Search