Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    igottogonow Posts: 128, Reputation: 2

Jan 27, 2013, 08:56 AM
    Heat Pump Filters
    How many is to many. I just installed a new heat pump and the tech told me I may want to remove the Bear 2 1/2" air filter that is in my attic and just use the air inlet filter because it is over working my unit. What are your feelings on this?
    samcreed Posts: 132, Reputation: 18
    -

Jan 27, 2013, 09:15 AM
    When you remove the Bear filter, is there a significant air increase in circulation? In other words, is there more air coming out of your vents?
    In my opinion, you really don't need that filter. The inlet filter is very important because it stops dust buildup on the "vanes" of the air conditioning circulation pipes, if it has them located inside.
    My heat pump expert told me to use a "cardboard" type filter on the inlet, because it traps more dust particles than the "aluminum type" that came with the unit. He is right because the aluminum one caused the vanes on the pipes to clog up. Anyway, I don't think you need the Bear filter either.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ruud achiever ac/ heat pump with aux heat.. electric.. pump in high pressure lockout... [ 0 Answers ]

Replaced tstat.. tech added 2 lbs r22.. but it didn't register on his gauge that he had added any... worked for a day.. didnt need heat for 3 days... then had to reset house electrical for cooling to come on... now heat cme on for 5 minutes then went into aux heat...

I have a 4 ton rued heat pump with auxiliary gas heat pump quits working [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 4 ton ruud heat pump with gas pack the heat pump quits when it gets 39F outside and furnice kicks in but does not ignite and I smell no gas what could it be

Installed a honeywell pro6000 stat on a carrier heat pump, cooling mode is heat pump [ 2 Answers ]

Installed a honeywell pro6000 stat on a carrier heat pump, cooling mode is heat pump

I have a Carrier 24HNA636A310 Heat pump. Does the Heat pump mode run on both speeds? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a new Carrier Infinity 25HNA636A310 compressor. Does it run in both speeds when in heat mode

Is a heat pump with emergency heat a multi stage heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace the thermostat for my heat pump the one I've got seems to be running the emergency heat only. All wires were connected as they were in the old one. Is regular heat and emergency heat considered multi-stage? If so, I need another thermostat... please advise.

View more questions Search