Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Renee103 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2013, 08:33 AM
    I want to visit Cali in June! How much should I save!
    This is for my 21st birthday in June. Just got two minimum wage jobs in nov. how should I pay for my plane ticket and how should I and how much should I save for a week in a half trip! Really want to go and maybe live there soon!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 08:37 AM
    Where do you live,
    Next have you checked out plane ticket prices from some of the various online discount places
    Renee103 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2013, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Where do you live,
    Next have you checked out plane ticket prices from some of the various online discount places
    I live in cleveland Ohio! And yes I checked Expedia but I think I want a one way trip ticket instead of paying for a round ticket! I can for my one way ticket soon I get there to go home but in not sure!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 27, 2013, 08:52 AM
    Round trip has always been cheaper than one way in my experience.
    When I was in my 20s (40 years ago) I went from the east coast to the west coast many times. I flew stand by. I got drive-away cars (those are cars that need to be delivered for people who are moving and who fly, often handled by car rental places), and/or I answered ads on college ride boards. I would if I were you use the drive share idea to save a lot of money, if you know how to drive.
    These days ride shares are advertised online, but you could still check your nearest university. June might be a little late, but you never know.
    Use good judgment deciding on who to share with, of course.
    If my memory serves me, it was 900 miles from Boston to Cleveland and another 2400 miles to CA. At 30 mpg, that's 80 gal gas x 3.60 = $288 + tolls, split among 2 or 3 people. Maybe not such a good deal if you get a really cheap flight and book it now.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 09:54 AM
    You better save up a lot since life here in CA is quite expensive! Where will you be staying?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Having sex on last June 22 June 26 my period came in but it last for 3 days 1 week ag [ 0 Answers ]

Having sex on last June 22 June 26 my period came in but it last for 3 days 1 week ago I had a brownish discharge and I get dizzy and vomits I had a lot of symptoms and now I don't know if this is period or implamenentation my last dpo is 8-9 days.

I had my period from June 2nd-June 14th. Cramping again, what could be wrong? [ 0 Answers ]

I had my period from June 2nd-June 14th(usually only lasting 5-7 days) now I'm experiencing cramping like I'm going to start again. My period started really heavy and then got lighter as time passed as usual, it just lasted longer. What could be wrong?

I got my period on June 15 and now it is over on June 18 could I really be pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

I got my period on June 15 and now it is over on June 18 could I really be pregnant?? I've been feeling tired and wanting to stay in bed all day been throwing up everything I eat been going back and forth to the bathroom and while I was on my period I been having bad stomach cramps and pains...

June 11, had sex with ex, June 15 got my period, June 25-29 had sex boyfriend who is father? [ 4 Answers ]

June 11 had sex with ex, June 15 got period, June 25-29 had sex with boyfriend of 9 yrs, I'm pregnant now who is the father>

I had unpretected sex June 17and started taking birth control pills on June 27. I had [ 1 Answers ]

I had unpretected sex June 17and started taking birth control pills on June 27. I had a period on June 29 and June 29 and started bledding again on July 13 and it lasted 2 weeks. What dose that mean can I be pregnant.

View more questions Search