Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AngstyMeierLink Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Jan 26, 2013, 07:02 PM
    How to get my new 16:9 lcd to show old games in 4:3
    I just got a new widescreen monitor and it stretches all my old games to widescreen. Is there any way I can get it to automatically put the black bars on the left and right to make the old games that can't go to widescreen look right?

Nvidia 8600gt with updated drivers and
    Asus... plug and play? I got it for my birthday I don't know the details for it sorry
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 27, 2013, 04:19 PM
    Have you changed the perspective that the games display? Open your games and go into Options/video. If they were installed before you changed monitors then they may still be at the old settings and your card/monitor is interpreting them to 16:9 ratio.
    AngstyMeierLink Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Jan 28, 2013, 03:22 PM
    All the old games I'm trying to get 4:3 don't even have widescreen video resolutions in the options. And the screen stretches them and they look horrible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Games play games [ 3 Answers ]

I am not able to playe the microsoft games. Am using window`s XP desktop, also have same window`s on my laptok but able to playe on the laptok. The configr r the same. Don`t know what to do. Have scanned the system no virus threat!! I am trying to play Age of mythology

LCD, TFT LCD, oled, touch screen [ 0 Answers ]

Im in need of knowing the technology behind a simple LCD. I do know that LCD uses something like "nematic liquid" stuff (twisted nematic, IPS, AFFS) like this in displaying pictures, but Wikipedia doesn't seems to have explained in details. Can someone explain how does the science behind the...

80's kid show.kids playing video games. [ 3 Answers ]

Anyone remember the name of the late 70's/early 80's kid show where kids would compete against each other playing video games... I think it was on Saturday mornings.

View more questions Search