Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amym68 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2013, 02:55 PM
    Grinding noise
    After being completely stopped (i.e, at a stop light) and then accelarate from that complete stopped position, I hear/feel a grinding noise from underneath the car, towards the back, right side. What could this be?

Thank You
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jan 26, 2013, 03:17 PM
    It could be a bad wheel bearing or brake issue. If you have rear disc brakes, clean the caliper pins and lubricate with silicone grease, ensure the pads move freely and are not "metal on metal," and the piston retracts normally and is not frozen. Rear wheel bearings are easy to replace on most vehicles.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jan 26, 2013, 09:44 PM
    A heat shield vibration

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grinding noise when turning right [ 8 Answers ]

Toyota Corolla 2002 I went on vacation for two weeks (car sat in driving for the duration). After I came back I noticed that every time I make a right turn I hear this grinding noise. The noise seems to be consistent with the speed (i.e. if my speed is fast then the grinding noise is fast). I...

Grinding noise on brakes [ 0 Answers ]

I just recently changed the front brakes on my 2005 Chrysler Pacifica. I started getting a grinding noise about a week later. The rear brakes are in vgc. Any thoughts?

Grinding noise turning right [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1999 Pontiac Grand AM and yesterday I started hearing a grinding noise when I make a right hand turn. Any thoughts?

Grinding noise [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2004 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 I just replaced the breaks and the front left and back right calipers. After replacing the calipers and break pads I took a drive and when I accelerate fast or usually when I get up to around 20mp and up there is a grinding noise coming from what sounds the front...

Grinding noise [ 1 Answers ]

I own a 96 honda civic lx,and thereis a grinding noise every time I make a sharp left turn,it seems the only time it does this is when there is excessive weight in the rear or on the passenger side of the car.what could this be? It does not do this all the time only when there is a lot of weight on...

View more questions Search