Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ginadavid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2013, 02:17 PM
    Little girl in pain
    My six yr old was playing and fell on a pole, she cut her vagina. The bleeding stopped but it hurts when she uses the restroom. Should I take her to the doctor because now she's holding her urine and won't use the restroom. What to do?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 26, 2013, 02:33 PM
    Yes, call your doctor. But have you examined her yourself, so you have more information to give the office? I'd give her some children's Tylenol. Maybe a little Vaseline or KY jelly or anything unscented and soothing, and then ask her to pee. Let her put it on herself. A cut hit by urine can sting, and an infection can enter a cut. I have something called 'Top Care Triple Antibiotic' ointment that seems to heal just about anything.
    spirit1243 Posts: 68, Reputation: -3

Jan 26, 2013, 02:38 PM
    This sounds very serious,
    Yes I think you should take her to the doctors.
    It's not good when you hold on too long
    Because The bladder has the ability to stretch because it is a muscular organ, much like the stomach and uterus. It can become distended when very full and spasm... it's way of telling us it needs to be emptied. It is possible (because of a blockage, like a stone) that urine can flow backward... or retrograde... up the ureters to the kidneys. This can cause the ureters to become enlarged and potentially destroy them. That's a major problem. The kidneys need their ureters because they have no way to eliminate urine they produce without them. You're talking possibility of a drainage device similar to that of a colostomy, or removal of the affected kidney. In any event, that scenario isn't likely to happen just by holding your urine. What can happen, though, is that bacteria can make it's way to the kidneys and cause an infection. They can be nasty infections and quite painful. They're not anything you want to play around with either. Serious stuff if not treated!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 27, 2013, 10:20 AM
    She isn't asking about blockage - she's asking about a child holding her urine as long as she can. A bladder will relax involuntarily before a person can "hold it" long enough for urine to back up.

The child cut her vagina in a school accident? I don't know what the injury is but I would be concerned if it is to her vagina.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

M 28 weeks pregnant,and having a girl. I have been having bad back pain to the point [ 1 Answers ]

M 28 weeks pregnant,and having a girl. I have been having bad back pain to the point sometimes I can't walk. What should I do?

Boy meets girl, girl has boyfriend. Girl cheats with Boy then Girl breaks up with boyfriend. Lost? [ 2 Answers ]

I met this girl last May after I had gone through a bad breakup myself, but I knew I wasn't ready and even though every fibre of my being wanted to be with her I restrained myself. She is a lovely soul upbeat and we had so much in common: cheesy, smart, good senses of humor, open hearted, etc We...

Fourteen year old with allover back pain and coccyx pain from skiing fall [ 3 Answers ]

In February this year I went skiing for 2 weeks in waterville valley, New Hampshire, USA - a few days into the second week an inexperienced skiier like myself lost control and cut me up causing me to fall and I landed fiercely on a bit of ice which -just like when you fall on your bum or knock it-...

How do I treat bunion-related foot pain that is also creating severe back pain? [ 5 Answers ]

I began using orthotics some months back to relieve severe foot pain - the result of two toes that are not in alignment. I found some relief, but I've recently experienced sharp, stabbing pain in my lower back and upper thigh. I am trying to find the connection, but the doctors I've seen either...

View more questions Search