Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spiritdancer Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2013, 02:14 PM
    Marrying Someone with a Top Secret Security Clearance When You Have Nonviolent Felony
    I am engaged to be married to someone who works for the Department of Defense as a civilian. He has a Top Secret Security Clearance. I have four non-violent felonies and they are not for drugs. Will or can this affect his clearance and what can we do so that we can still be married and he can still keep his job? He teaches military pilots how to fly drone planes. He is retired from the Army and was a Nighthawk Helicopter plot when he severed. Please help. I don't know what to do as he is saying it may affect his clearance. I do not know how this stuff works with clearances. Can't I just make an explanation and statement?
    Thanks!
    rodzillaj3 Posts: 26, Reputation: 5

Mar 4, 2013, 06:33 AM
    I currently hold a TS in the service as well and I can assure you this won't affect his current clearance. The key thing in clearance investigations is not what you have done but are you going to be honest and in full detail about it or are you going to try and hide it. When he does a new investigation to renew it, those topics need to be brought up and since they have no record of you, they will interview you as well. As long as you are honest, everything will be fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In the AF, will be marrying someone with a felony, will my security clearance change? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, My fiancé has a drug felony. She is in Pennysylvania She got in trouble a few years ago, did her time, is off probation and has been clean and good for over a year and a half now. She is doing extremely well in college, almost has a 4.0. She has a year and a half old son, and she has done...

Security clearance disqualification for 3rd degree felony on theft charge [ 0 Answers ]

Five years ago I had a forgery charge reduce to a (3rd degree felony) theft charge and a theft by check dismissed. I'm requesting and eligible for non-disclosure of the offense after 2009. Presently I hold a security clearance TS/SCI and due for renewal in 5 months. Can I still be eligible...

Will first time assault warrant losing top security clearance [ 1 Answers ]

Two part question: How prevalent/frequent is it that security clearances are pulled in general -- any statistics on how many are revoked annually and for what reason? What's the likelihood that a first time offender, charged with third degree assault, would lose a top secret security...

Security Clearance [ 2 Answers ]

I have been accused of second degree assault twice by my spouse and I am up for my first hearing on the 16 Dec 08. My concern is that being in the military requires that you maintain your security clearance. With this accusation on my record will it cause me to lose my clearance? If I accept a...

Secret security clearance [ 2 Answers ]

If I have been convicted of a felony and have served time in the penitentiary for a burglary, is it possible to obtain a secret security clearance for a government job as long as I am upfront and honest about my history

View more questions Search