Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marie10 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2013, 01:53 PM
    Please help I've had enough of these drain flies
    Hi I'm new and need advice before I go insane. These flies are driving me to the point of depression. I hate each new day and going to work as I don't know how many of these little blighters are going to be..
    I had drain firm out as kept getting flies, they found fault elbow joint that is under downstairs toilet foundation had collapsed.. they couldn't access the broken pipe due to foundation so decided to reroute the drain.. well that was 3 weeks ago.. im still getting flies (loads) I've now started treating outside edge of house with bleach, disinfectant etc as seen some on outside walls. Im sure must be contaminated soil and the little critters are coming up and into cavities.. what can I do guys? I've had enough..
    gnahcd Posts: 215, Reputation: 39

Jan 27, 2013, 11:27 AM
    I suggest you consult or hire a professional pest control company or plumber. A professional will investigate the proper way to treat your infestation. A good company will go into your subarea and look for, and directly treat, the infestation. Let the pro bother with the chemicals. They will probably have to squirt a growth-regulating combination of insecticides that foam or maybe fog the subarea. The best treatment is applied directly on the infestation.

Feb 3, 2013, 10:48 AM
    Hi gnahcd
    Thank you ever so much for you reply. We have now found where the nest seems to be (under the floor where collapsed drain is) so these little blighters are coming up through the cracks etc... drain man coming in the morn to re dig hole, he is going to get as close as he can't to the old pipe, break it then pest control coming to do his job.. he mentioned all of what you said and that may take coulple of attempts.. sure hope this works.. I want my sanity back. Had enough.. thanks again

Feb 3, 2013, 10:49 AM
    QUOTE=marie10;3386975]hi gnahcd
    Thank you ever so much for you reply. We have now found where the nest seems to be (under the floor where collapsed drain is) so these little blighters are coming up through the cracks etc... drain man coming in the morn to re dig hole, he is going to get as close as he can't to the old pipe, break it then pest control coming to do his job.. he mentioned all of what you said and that may take coulple of attempts.. sure hope this works.. I want my sanity back. Had enough.. thanks again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Drain Flies/Sewer Flies [ 24 Answers ]

We moved into this house almost 1 yr ago. At first I didn't notice the flies. We have a shower stall in our bathroom that is in our room. We noticed a leak and stopped using it. Someone mentioned that I should still pour water down the drain, is this true? Our sump pump is in the basement next...

Drain flies [ 0 Answers ]

I live in Fl, and my water softner broke. They couldn't come for 2 weeks to fix it, so I didn't do any laundry or run dishwasher. The well water here is awful! I ended up with drain flies! Please can I use muriatic acid or boric acid to kill them? I have been boiling water and using baking soda and...

Drain Flies [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have different times of the year that I have drain flies in my house and I would love to know 1. How Do I keep from getting them? 2. How do I get rid of them, if I get them? This drives me CRAZY and I don't know what to do. Please help me

Drain Flies [ 1 Answers ]

We moved into this house almost 1 yr ago. At first I didn't notice the flies. We have a shower stall in our bathroom that is in our room. We noticed a leak and stopped using it. Our sump pump is in the basement next to our washer. It smelled pretty bad, and this is where we are noticing the...

Drain flies [ 4 Answers ]

I am having the drain fly problem in my house in New Jersey. The local pest company professionals identified these as drain flies. The house is 25 yrs old and on a slab. It is a ranch style with no basement. I have two bathrooms one with a shower and a tub. It has been 2 years since I bought...

View more questions Search