Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    iho911 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2013, 07:44 AM
    Payroll help
    An employee wants to stop his 401k contribution. Next time I cut a check for him, I can't just add that contribution amount to his check without taxing it right?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 26, 2013, 08:09 AM
    First is he allowed by the plan rules to stop payment or is he required to only make changes at certain dates, the plans rules vary.

But his payment to the 401 K appears to be pre taxed, so if that money is put back into his money, then the entire check amount is taxed. His new gross pay will be considered

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ouickbooks payroll j/e, cash basis using a Payroll Co. [ 5 Answers ]

We use a payroll company to process our payroll. Each payroll they deduct the money for our taxes. If I enter the taxes as a payable, it messes up my books because the money is already deducted with the biweekly payroll. My quarterly reports did not match my QB files and I cannot figure out what...

I have 5 companies that each have payroll can I do payroll out of 1 and bill the othe [ 4 Answers ]

I have 5 companies and do payroll out of all 5 can I do payroll out of one and bill the others. Some of the companies only have one employee. Any reason to do separate payrolls.

When the payroll is paid, payroll taxes become a(n) ________ to the employer. [ 1 Answers ]

The answer is liability but why is it a liability but not an expense

Payroll and Payroll Tax Expense on an Income Statement [ 2 Answers ]

Is the payroll expense on the Income Statement the gross amount of payroll? What I have seen so far is that it is the gross amount and then the payroll taxes are also listed. Isn't it doubling the amount of expense for the payroll taxes? Thanks for your help!

Payroll company witholding money from uncashed payroll check [ 1 Answers ]

I have a payroll check that is about four years old and the payroll company says that they are in no way obligated to reissue me a check, and that the escheat laws only apply to government office jobs but that is not true. Who would I contact to help me on this problem?

View more questions Search